5:05am

Solitaire

5:05am

I look at Kurt, staring at him with bewildered eyes. The police? What are they...

"You can't escape, Robin," Kurt sneers at me. "They've surrounded the building."

I hear Damien yell followed by a loud bang. I hear Maurice yelling, and Queb is trying to grab the guns, but Saul is telling him that it's no use...

It hits me.

"Nate!" I gasp, pointing at Kurt. "He was your brother, and... and..." Of course, how could I have forgotten? Nate, that security guard, claimed he was Kurt's brother. I should have known that Kurt was a police officer as well, following up on the family business... But if he was a traitor to us all along, he would have had to be in on this... Ever since we were children.

"You finally got it," Kurt grins, holding his arms out. "I've been a traitor to you guys ever since we met as kids. And when you flipped out for me, that was the perfect entrance to get deeper into your h***ish world."

"But... Then you..." I breath out. "Then you never did love me. You were just pretending to to... To spy on us. You were just spying on us. You're a traitor."

Kurt sneers. "Guilty as charged."

I hurl myself at him, aiming my fist down but he ducks and throws a punch into my stomach. I tumble backwards, landing against the counter and barely duck as he swings a punch at me. I break for the doorway, but loud voices, not belonging to my other friends, are echoing through the halls. They must have been caught. I have to get away from Kurt, but where else can I go?

Something hits my head and I tumble to the ground. Kurt grabs both of my wrists and wrenches them behind me back. I cry out in pain, and I hear a squeaky creak - handcuffs. The cold, hard metallic prisons latch around my wrists and Kurt pulls me up, smashing my back against his chest as he whispers in my ear, "You have the right to remain silent."

And then, he pushes me forward, back into the world, and more importantly:

Back home.

To the asylum.