Chapter 1

Penelope's POV

New girl.

The new girl.

Your typical new girl in town.

Yes, you've guessed it right. I'm the new girl from Hawaii. My family and I moved to New Jersey because my father's boss transferred him here to work at their branch in New Jersey. He had to bring him along with us. I'm not complaining though. I don't mind moving, we've been doing this a lot for the past 16 years of my life. You kind of get used to it. I was always the new girl anyways.

"Honey, come help with the boxes please." I heard my mom say as I looked at our new home. It was quiet big. I look back at her; she was carrying a box towards me. I quickly grab it from her. "Thanks honey." She said, trying to catch her breath and went back to the car to get the other boxes. The truck with our other stuff was getting later tonight, the boxes where I had all my clothes.

I walked up the stairs of our porch and went inside our house. Well, the inside was bigger than the outside, I thought to myself as I looked around. "Where do I put this mom?" I asked her as she walked in front of me while she places the box she was holding down.

"Just put it here." She tells me as her voices echoes throughout the house. The house was pretty much empty; the truck had all our things. I saw my mom put both of hands on her hips while I put the box down, she sighs. "What the hell are we going to do while we wait? We can't unpack now because the movers will not get here until 8..." She said looking around and her eyes landing on me.

I just shrugged at her, and then my brothers and dad come in with the last boxes that were in the car. They placed it beside the boxes my mom and I got and stood beside us. "We could go out and look around?" My dad suggested looking at us and waiting for responses. "Since we don't start work on Monday and the kids as well, we can stay up unpacking later tonight. And order pizza." He suggested again.

My brothers cheered as I laughed, "I agree. Just like old times. "I said coming close to my parents and wrapping my arms around them, my brothers going to their sides. As we all looked at our new home for the next year. I can just feel it; it's going to be a great year.

"That was a trip!" I said while laughing with my mom as we walked in our house while holding our shopping bags. "I think we kind of went overboard?" I said slightly ashamed as I looked at our bags. We held at least 6 bags each.

"You think?! You did go overboard!" My brother, Zach said as the three of them went inside with nothing in their hands. "You both are the only ones who did the shopping!" He whined. He wanted to buy something for himself but my dad told him that he should just get it next time because mom and I went overboard with his credit card.

I smiled sweetly at him, walking closer to him as I hugged his arm. "I'm sorry, big brother. But I need new clothes for school." I looked at him with my signature puppy eyes look. They all go weak once they see these eyes.

He sighs as he brushes my hair lightly, "Fine." He just said walking towards the kitchen while my father and Ringo try to prevent themselves from laughing. I stared at them, motioning them to wait till he was out of the room. And as soon as he was gone, they burst out laughing.

"You're mean." Ringo, my 15 year old brother said while laughing. I just stuck my tongue out to him and made my way to my mom who was also laughing. We're the type of family who are close to one another. My brothers and I fight, a lot actually, but we do get a long too. We protect each other. How a family should be. Sometimes, we're too close to each other that we can't be apart from one another too long. Because we'd miss each other.

Zach and I we're homeschooled for a few years, it was necessary since we moved a lot. But then when Zach stopped his homeschooling and attended an actually high school, I begged my parents to do the same for me. They hesitated at first but totally gave in, they eventually got used to it. But since we were moving a lot, it's hard. It was hard to make friends. Hard to keep friends. But like I told you, we were alright as long as my family stays together. My dad did tell us that we'd be staying in New Jersey for a while, his boss told him so. He needed to manage their branch here, so he was really needed to be here. My dad is a chief/manager of this restaurant called "Mario's Famous Pizza". My dad's a pretty good cook.

"The truck's here!" I looked up from the bags and stood up quickly, making my way towards the door. I did see the truck. And two men standing with my father giving him a clipboard to sign something, I guess? Other man was opening the back truck and revealing all our things. I squealed in excitement to decorate my room. "Too excited are we?" I heard Ringo say, putting his arm around my shoulders. Okay, he may be my little brother but he was taller than me.

I nodded with a huge smile in face watching the men go inside our house with our furniture.

The whole night, my family and I spent unpacking and eating pizza. A night to remember. Our first night in New Jersey.