Chapter 5

Penelope's POV

My brothers and I were walking out of the school. Finally. School's over. I couldn't say if it was a great day. But I enjoyed today. Especially with Grayson around. He's actually a nice guy. A funny cute guy. We couldn't stop laughing during our free period; we spent it at the bleachers at the back of the school whilst we watch the boys' soccer team practice.

We had 1 class with Ethan, which was Music. And I must say, the boys are not good at singing. We all just goofed around during the class. Getting ourselves in trouble for laughing to loud. The Dolan twins are such goofballs. My year here in this high school will be a great one if I was going to spend it with them.

"Hey Pen!" I heard Grayson shouted. I turned around to see him trying to catch up to us. I smiled at him.

"Hey, Grayson. What sup?"  I said as he was already standing in front of me.

He was panting hard, since he was running towards us. "Breathe, Dolan." My brother Zach said while laughing. They got a long with the Dolan Twins as well. Actually before Grayson called me out, Ringo was telling me how they seemed cool.

I laughed a little, "Going home already?" he asked once he caught his breath.

I nodded, "yes, loser. Why do you ask?"

"My friends are having a party later tonight. What do you guys say? You should go." He said with hope as he looked at the three of us.

"Uhhhhhh..." Ringo dragged on. I looked at them both with worried in my face. I knew how high school parties went. The amount of smoke, crowded people, dancing people. It was just too much for me.

"Me and Ringo will be there." Zach said with a smile.

I sighed as I looked at Grayson who was looking down at his shoes; once he was looking up I smiled at him. "I'm sorry. I don't like parties." I lied.

"Oh that's cool!" He said with an obvious fake smile. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" He said with a hopeful smile.

I nodded, "You will."

"Alright, see you guys later!" he waved us goodbye then walked out the school's doors.

I sighed, I loved school parties. Too bad I wasn't allowed to be in that kind of environment. I felt Zach's arm wrap around my shoulder, and Ringo's arm around my waist. I looked at them both and they smiled at me in a sympathy way. I gave them an assuring smile that I was okay. They nodded and we walked out to see our dad's car parked in front of the school.

We walked towards it and got in. My mom was here too. Such a supportive family I have. I smiled at the sight of my parents. "Hi parents." I said happily, getting inside the car with Zach sitting beside me.

"Hello children." Both my parents said. We buckled our seatbelts as my dad drove off.

"So how was school?" My mom asked, looking back at us with a smile across her face. My mom works as one of my dad's cooks. My parents are good cooks.

"It was alright. Some girls already hate me." I said giving them a smile. I don't mind being hated on, you just can't simply please everyone. And I'm fine with that. I'm here just minding my own business, not really my problem if they hate me. Life's too short to hate.

"I really don't get why girls hate on you, Penny. You're a really nice girl." My dad says.

"You're suppose to say that. You're my father." I said with a smirk.

"True true." My brothers said. "Anyways, they're only hating on her because she got close with one of the popular kids in school on her first day." Zach says.

"Really? Who?" My mom asked with a smirk on her face. They're the type of parents who isn't strict but strict. They're cool about dating, but we still need to know our limits.

I chuckled, "Don't give me that look mom. You know I'm not here to date." I told her making her frown. "And besides, he's famous. I bet he doesn't even see me that way." I said.

"Let's just see, honey." My mom said before facing back to the front. I just rolled my eyes. There's nothing see. Nothing will happen.

I was on the couch, watching FRIENDS on Netflix. I laughed at Monica who had a turkey on her head while dancing in front of Chandler. It was one of those thanksgiving episodes. I love Friends, one of my favorite's series of all time. Most of the series I watch are from the 90's.

Then I saw Ringo and Zach come down the stairs all dressed up. Oh right. The party that Grayson invited them too. I whined. "Mom come on! They're flaunting!" I shouted to my mom who was in the kitchen.

"We are not!" Ringo fought back. I smirked as we heard my mom shout at them. "bitch." He muttered making me laugh.

Zach was laughing as well. "Come on doofus. We gotta go." He said. "Mom! We're leaving!" He shouted to her.

"Alright honey. Have fun!" She shouted back.

"Bye losers." I waved at them as they left the house. I sighed. I was going to be left in here in the house alone. Since my parents were going to for a date. Sweet, I know.

"Honey, are you sure you're going to be fine alone?" My dad said as he walked down the stairs.

"Damn dad! Look at you in that tux!" I teased making him laugh. My mom was already in the kitchen dressed. "I'll be fine. My emergency kit here with me, I got FRIENDS on Netflix. Mom made me homemade pizza." I said with a smile on my face.

"That's my girl!" He said patting me like a dog while chuckling. I removed his hand on my head. "Honey, let's go! We're going to be late for our reservations."

My mom walked in the living room, looking at her purse. She was wearing a long black dress that fitted her body perfectly. "Penny sweets, you going to be okay?" She said looking up from her purse.

I nodded and walked towards them, walking them out the door. "I'll be fine parentssss." I dragged on, both of them looking at me. "Besides, you need this." I said making my eyebrows dance while I grinned at them.

As soon as we opened the door, we all looked shock as we saw Grayson standing out there about to knock. What is he doing here?

"Grayson.." I said looking at him.

"Oh hey." He said. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Brady." He said looking at them and shaking my dad's hand.

"So, you're the Grayson my children were talking about" She smirked at me. I rolled my eyes. "Well, we're going now. See you later, Penny!" They walked to their car while my mom looked at me while mouthing "He's cute!" and got in the car.

I laughed at her. Then I turned my attention to Grayson. "What are you doing here?" I asked since he was suppose to be at the party. "Aren't you going to the party?"

He scratched the back of his neck, "Well, I decided to skip the party." He said shyly. I looked at him with a confused face, but he was the one who invited us. "Can I come in?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded, moved to the side so he can get in.

Grayson Dolan is at my house.