Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Penelope's POV

It's been a week and I haven't attended school since my attack last week. Grayson has been questioning me why I haven't gone to school but my brothers are. My brothers just get all my school works for me so I could do it at home then pass it the next day. My dad told the school that I had the pox. Grayson didn't believe it and immediately found out the next day when he went to my house and saw that I was perfectly fine.

I just told him that I'm soon dropping out of school and going back to being homeschooled. I told him that the bullying got to me and it just wasn't safe for me. He believed me. Ever since then, he goes to my house after school. The boy just doesn't quit.

"Grayson?" I said while lying in my bed, reading a book. 13 Reasons Why. It's a great book. I haven't watched the series yet because I want to finish the book first.

Grayson was sitting at the end of my bed with my feet on his lap, he was on his phone. This was how our afternoons went like. Just us in my bedroom, enjoying each other's company. Sometimes we'd talk and sometimes we'd be in our own little world. But we'd still have the best time.

"Hmm?" He said keeping his eyes on his phone. I bet he was on twitter or instagram. His fans have been so curious with Grayson and me. I've gained so many followers since the video of Grayson and Grace fighting went out. I've received some hate but there were some supporting whatever Grayson and I have. We're not together. We're really great friends. I just really want to focus on myself right now and not add someone on the list of people I've been hurting. But no one can stop this boy from being apart from me. Not even the pox.

"Aren't you getting tired?" I asked. Sitting up and facing him, putting the book down on my bed. I looked at Grayson and he still has his eyes on his phone. I saw a smile creep on his face. He looked up at me and showed me his phone. I looked at it confusedly. Not really knowing what I'm supposed to look at.

"Look they made a couple name for us." He said with a huge grin on his face like a little kid finally getting the Christmas gift they've always wanted.

I looked at his phone and saw that he was telling the truth. I read the tweet of a girl. A fan of the twins. It read "Grape" I laughed at the name. Seriously the stuff they make up. I saw Grayson laugh with me. I studied his face as his eyes close from laughing and the way his mouth open trying to catch his breath. He was such a beautiful human being.

"Grape? Are you kidding me?" I said still laughing.

"What? I find it cute!" He exclaimed still having that beautiful smile on his face. I couldn't help but stare at him. Why doesn't he have a girlfriend? Why was he waiting for me? A dying girl. He doesn't know that. And I have no plans on telling him. It'll just break his heart and he'll hate me.

Grayson already has a special place in my heart. It would kill me more if he'd hate me. If I lose him. We've been inseparable for the last month, and within that month, I knew he was a keeper. Someone you'd want to keep in your life forever. We may be far different from each other but we're connected in so many ways.

"Seriously Gray, we're called GRAPE. That's a fruit!" I said with a smile.

He just shrugged, "I don't care. I think it's cute and so does the fans!" He said looking back at his phone and started scrolling. While Grayson was scrolling through his phone, I peeked and saw that he was looking at a picture of us. It was me and Grayson leaving starbucks. It was stolen, like a paparazzi took it but it was just one of his fans, and Grayson had his arm around me while I was laughing at something he probably said. Grayson's a pretty hilarious guy.

"I remember that day." I spoke behind him. He looked at back at me which caught me off guard cause our faces were inches apart. I saw him smile not pulling back away. I just smiled at him. "That's one of my favorite time we've spent together." Either of us were pulling back. Our faces were still inches apart. And I think Grayson has no plans on looking away.

"Really? And why is that?" He asked with a smirk while he raised one eyebrow.

I smiled at him "Well, that's because you made me laugh so hard that day that I almost pee'd my pants." I smirked back. I pulled back and sat down on my bed. I saw Grayson frown and looked back at his phone. I sighed, "Grayson..."

"It's fine, Penny. Don't worry about it." He quickly said, not letting me finish my sentence. If you only knew, Gayson. If you only knew.

"I'm sorry, Grayson." I said placing a hand on his shoulder. I frowned.

He just looked back at me and smiled weakly then turned back to his phone.

I truly am.