Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Grayson's POV

"Went to Penelope's again?" My brother asked as I threw my car keys on the bowl where all our car keys are placed. I dropped my backpack on the floor and looked at me with a smile. "I swear dude, you're hooked." He chuckled sitting down on our couch, putting his feet up on the table and watched TV.

I chuckled, "I don't know man. I barely know this girl but I can't stop thinking about her. I just want to be with her every minute of my day. There's something about her that makes me want her more." I said keeping my eyes laid to the TV, but a smile stayed on my lips.

"But Grayson, she doesn't want you that way. Don't you think it's just time to move on?" He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I looked down, my smile gone with his words. It was true. She didn't see me the way I see her. "I mean bro.. I see the way you treat her. The way you look at her. But you're just torturing yourself." He added. "I'm just looking out for you, Gray." He probably saw my face.

I nodded and looked at him, giving him a weak smile. "Thanks E. But I'm not giving up just yet. I know deep down she'll soon like me. I just have to try my best. I'm not giving up on her." I said. And I wasn't. I don't know Penelope that much, but something about her aura that has me hooked on her. The way she smiles, laugh at my jokes and the way she shares her secrets to me. She's such a mysterious girl.

I'm not going to stop just because she doesn't like me now. My mom always told me that not everyone has to like you, but it doesn't mean you can't make them learn to like you. And if in the end they still don't like you, it's not your fault. And this isn't the end for me to give up on Penelope. I know deep down she likes me from her actions towards me, I just know. She doesn't though and I'm going to make her realize that.

"Hey Grayson." My mom spoke going down the stairs while tying her robe. I smiled at her. "Did you just get home from that girls house? It's pretty late." She said standing in front of Ethan and I, making her cover the TV.

I nodded, "Penelope's. I didn't notice the time. Sorry, mom." I said with a smile. It was true. After dinner with Penelope, we went back to her room and layed on her bed and just talked. I didn't notice that it was already 12 until I checked my phone.

She nodded and smiled, "It's okay, honey. Just text us when you're not coming home early so we'd know. Did you eat dinner?"

"Yes mom. I did, I ate there." I said with a smile and with that she made her way to the kitchen. Once she was out of sight, I glared at Ethan who already has an apologetic smile but kept his eyes on the TV. I brought my hand up and slapped his head in the back. "Dude what the fuck? You didn't tell mom that I texted you?!" I whisper shouted at him.

He was now looking at me, "I'm sorry. I forgot!" He whisper shouted as well. We saw our mom walk out the kitchen with a glass of water on her hand. She said her goodnight and we said ours.

I groaned, I stood up and grabbed my bag from the floor. "I'm going to bed." I walked up the stairs and went straight to my room. I threw my bad on the small couch that was near the door way and went straight to my drawers. I grabbed a pair of joggers and walked to the bathroom. I took my clothes off and showered.

Once I was done, I grabbed my towel that was hanging on the towel rack and dried myself off. I sighed and placed both my hands on the sink counter. I looked up and saw that my mirror had fogged from the steam of the hot shower. I wiped it off and looked at myself.

"You can't give up just yet, Grayson."

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned and lazily grabbed my phone that was on my night stand. I answered the call without looking at the caller I.D

"Hello?" I said in a groggy voice. I slept really late last night, since I went home at around midnight. I had to do my homework and ended up finishing all of them at around 3 in the morning. So yeah, I'm pretty tired. But I don't regret anything because I was with Penelope.

"GRAYSON WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Penelope shouted making me jerk my phone away from my ears and groan. Ugh why was she so loud at this hour?

"At home why? You?" I asked not really knowing what's going on and if I should be freaking out too like she was. Seriously, what's up with her? I can sense her freak out even though I couldn't see her.

"At school! Where you should be too!" She said still not getting where she's going with here.

"What do you mean?" I asked sitting up slowly from the bed. Setting my feet down on my carpeted floor.

She groaned too, in a annoying way actually. What's up her butt? I should be the one who's annoyed. Calling me at this hour. I looked at my nightstand clock and saw that it was 10:30 in the morning. My eyes grew big while looking at the clock.

"HOLY SHIT!" I shouted rushing to my closet, accidentally dropping my phone on the floor. I groaned and ran back to see if Penelope was still on the call. I put the phone back on my ear and heard her laughing hysterically. I rolled my eyes at her and ended the call. Rude.

I ran to my bathroom and did everything as fast as I could. This is the first time I'm going to be late since Penelope came into my life. Before then, being late was never a problem for me. I barely cared about school. My grades were all F's. But when Penelope came, everything changed. I'm never late for class, I always do my homework and all my grades changed from F's to B's. Penelope changed me. Changed me for the better. And I hope to keep it that way.

ful ShaT