Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Penelope's POV

I saw Grayson walk in the Cafeteria out of breath. I burst out laughing as I remembered our conversation over the phone earlier. My brothers and Ethan looked at me weirdly. I just pointed at Grayson who was walking towards our table, glaring right at me then they all laughed at me.

"Stop laughing!" Grayson whispered-shouted at all of us. We stopped ourselves from laughing but failed. He just groaned and placed his head on his hands.

"Oh come on, Gray. We still have a few subjects left." Ethan said placing a hand on his shoulder, preventing himself from laughing. Grayson nudged Ethan's hand away from him.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He asked while glaring at his twin brother.

My brothers and I just kept ourselves from laughing, obviously Grayson was pissed and we wouldn't want him to be more pissed and make him walk out. We just watched them.

He shrugged, "I tried bro. But you just kept kicking me and telling me to stop. So I did." Ethan said with a smirk then ate his sandwich.

I laughed, "Just forget about it, Gray. We'll go and tell our teachers before our class okay?" I said sweetly, looking at him. I feel bad for him but it was pretty funny seeing him this way. I always knew Grayson was one of those kids who didn't care about school, I don't know why he's acting this way.

He looked at me, and he seemed to have calmed down. He sighed and gave me a weak smile, I guess being late really bought him down. And now I feel awful for laughing at him. "Okay.." He just said and removed his hand from our touch and stood up and walked away.

I frowned and watched him walk away from the cafeteria, his head down. Okay, I feel really really bad now. Everyone that was left in the table was confused as to what happened. Zach just side hugged me and kissed the side of my forehead, knowing him, he knows that I feel bad.

"What just happened?" I finally said after a few minutes. I looked at the boys and they all shrugged.

"I guess he just knows that being late would affect on his grades." Ethan said while shrugging.

"But why? Wasn't Grayson the type to not care about school?" I asked, curiosity getting ahead of me, and of course I was bothered why Grayson was so sad about being late to school. I remembered Ethan telling me it was never a bother to him. Sometimes he'd end up not going to school. Grayson wasn't the bad guy, bullies everyone type of guy. He was just plain lazy, and besides, from all the touring and meet and greets they've done. I still wonder why they go to school.

"Well, this actually started when you guys came."He started off, pointing at the three of us. Leaving us shocked as to why we were the reason for Grayson's recent good behavior. "Especially you." He said pointing at me.

I slapped his finger away, him giving me a sorry smile. "Why me? What makes you say that?" I asked. Now this has my intestines swirl inside my tummy. Why me? Why was I the reason? I mean, it can't be me. I never even begged Grayson to go to school. Heck, I've been absent the whole week last week. So why me?

"Well, you're a nerd." He said, I glared at him. He cleared his throat. "I mean, your grades are all A's." He said.

"So? You have A's too. Why can't you be the reason? And why me?" I defended, raising an eyebrow at him. Still not over as to why I was the reason.

I rolled his eyes, "Well first, since you've moved here. Grayson's been grade conscious. Most of his teachers called up my mom telling her that they've been impressed at Grayson's recent behavior, and that he should keep it up. He's never been late to school since you came, he wakes up earlier than me which never happened before you, and does his homework." He said. I just looked at him, not knowing what to response to that and he seemed like he wasn't finished explaining. "And he doesn't like me the way he likes you." He added.