Forgiven?

A.N. The second of the deleted chapters. I'm offically dissapointed in myself for posting these.

---------------------------

*Gabriel*

"Extra-large chocolate fudge, banana, cookie dough."

I swiped the peace offering from his large mitts violently and stuffed a spoonful into my face.

Mmmmmmm

Ok, maybe he could be forgiven.

"You're going to ruin your dinner!" An evil harpy betwixt my ambrosia from me and locked it away in a frozen dungeon of doom. The horrible woman even took away my spoon!

I glared at Micah. He was no longer forgiven. Because, of course it was his fault for not sneaking it to me, from a window, on the second floor, in a locked room, with a sufficiently distracted harpy. Damn him for not knowing this!

-------------------------------

I glared at him from across the dinner table my mom had made us set together. If he hadn't wanted to take me on a date he shouldn't have asked me. He didn't have to take his frustration out on me by ostracizing me.

I shoveled greens into my mouth, the bitter taste matching my mood. I clenched a metaphysical fist around my self-control to keep a green eyed monster from raging all over the place. Maddy was trying to talk my mom around to letting her have even more ice cream if she finished all her vegetables. This after I'd generously given her smaller than normal portions to help her hide the fact that she'd already ruined her dinner. - One of my mom's 'I told you so's wouldn't have gone over well for either one of us.

Not that I could blame her. I'd have done the same thing; she'd learnt it from me after all.

"I wanna watch 'Frozen'," Kennedy interrupted loudly.

My mom just glared us all down until we'd eaten as much as our upset stomachs could hold of the ruddy pasta and rabbit food. I offered to clear the table while she got the kids settled on the couch. - I ignored Micah's existence as he helped me. - I finished washing off the serving bowls...just in time to have my nefarious plans thwarted by the evil witch coming back into the kitchen.

"If I let you go in there with a pound of ice cream the kids will want big bowls too." I gapped at her miserably as she one again confiscated my ice cream!

"I'll take it up to my room. They'll never see me!" I whined at her desperately.

"No you won't. You're going in there to sing along with the movie for them." She handed me a large bowl of fruit and shoved me towards the pass through.

"But!"

The eyebrows.

I whined.

More eyebrows.

I trudged into the TV room with my three pound bowl of natural sugar. On a normal day, my mom would have held the bowl - or now-a-days handed it off to Micah - to be sure I shared. (I loved fruit.) But after spending the entire day thinking about ice cream...having tasted what awaited me back in the other room...knowing the heaven that wench was keeping from me...!

God, she's ruining one of my favorite Disney movies torturing me this way! Not to mention the name of my dearly beloved fruit!!!

It was all Micah's fault! He was trying to punish me for being too pushy. I could feel it.

That thought depressed me enough I found myself sniffling along with Ana at the end of singing 'Do You Wanna Build a Snowman'. - Yes, normally I would sing along. That's what Disney movies are for.

--------------------------------

"Aunt Martha! Gabriel's not sharing!"

I cursed internally. Why couldn't all the little buggers be asleep? I looked at all the big watery eyes tearing up at me, and kicked myself for not hiding in my room with my delusions treat. I should have known the smell of sugar would have woken up the little horde. Damn animals!

I whined internally, throwing myself a little pity party. They wouldn't even take the time to enjoy it. By the time I finished two bits, they'd have hawked the rest down like the little pigs children secretly are. This was so frustrating!!!

"Gabriel," my mom called from the kitchen. "You know the rules."

"But they already had theirs," I couldn't help but whine at her.

"They didn't torment you by eating it in front of you when you had none."

"I can take it upstairs," I pleaded pathetically. Maddy stomped a heel at me angrily. Not that she wouldn't be doing the same thing in my position!

"Gabriel..." my mother called back warningly.

I sighed and went to the kitchen for five little pudding bowls to give out equal portions.

"Ut uh," my mom protested, taking the bowls away from me and putting them back in the china display. "I'm not washing those. Or cleaning them up when someone breaks one."

"I'll clean them up," I offered desperately, but she knew me better. I went back to the TV with five spoons and a larger - dish washable - serving bowl.

Sure enough, two spoonfuls and I was licking the bowl clean. - At least I didn't have to share that part too.

"Alright, let's get you to bed." The idiot dared speak in my presence. I'd almost dared him to take a bite of my ice cream, just is I could have stabbed him with my spoon.

He scooped up Kennedy* and Maddy, I took little Abey, with Jefferey sleepily lumbering up the stairs behind us. We tucked them in and I walked away, refusing to look at him. There was a knock on my bedroom door five minutes later. I refused to answer it.

Another knock.

Another ignorance.

"This one has cookie dough," he enticed, calling through the door.

I don't even remember opening it until there was a frozen cream confection dissolving on my tongue.

“So, your mother says I should take you and the kids to Judicious Park tomorrow?”

I nodded. And slammed the door in his face. I opened it right back up afterwards! But he was already walking away.

Meh. It made me feel better. Kinda.