Part 3

"Olivia," Carrie basically shouted. She had gotten one of her best friend's attention and was quickly walking towards her with her arms open wide.

   "Honey," Olivia shook her head as the two of them wrapped their arms around each other. "Is Kennedy okay? I never thought that she would be okay with something like this." The detective said, pulling away from the hug.

   "Olivia, I don't know what's going on. All I know is that she has these bruises all over her and she's been acting funny lately." Carrie explained.

   "All of this started when she started dating this man?" Olivia said.

   "Yes, how did I not know? I am a horrible mother." Carrie shook her head as she lowered it, biting her lip harshly as she mentally blamed herself for her daughter being in such a horrible situation.

   "Carrie, this isn't your fault. We're going to get this figured out. We're going to put him behind bars. Trust me." Olivia gently wiped her friend's face, before hugging her for the second time.

   "I just want to keep her safe, Liv." Carrie sighed, Kennedy entering the room. "Hey, Kennedy." The teenager lifted her head once her mother spoke.

   "Mom, I am fine. Please, tell them to stop asking me questions. I just want to go home." Kennedy shook her head, Carrie glancing over at Olivia.

   "Come here, let's talk." The detective gently nodded to Carrie, placing a hand on Kennedy's back as she lead her into a separate room.

   "Liv, why is this such a big deal?" Kennedy asked, taking a seat at the table as Olivia made herself a cup of coffee, not offering Kennedy one because she knew the teen hated coffee.

   "Kennedy, this man is almost ten years older than you and he's abusing you. Why isn't this a big deal to you?" Olivia replied, causing the girl to shrug her shoulders. "Are you afraid of him? Is that why you're denying everything?" Olivia looked at Kennedy seriously, eager to find out the truth.

   "What if he's the only man that will ever love me?" Kennedy asked, holding her breath as she shrugged her shoulders.

   "Kennedy, you're sixteen. Honey, you've got your whole life,-"

   "My mom married her high school sweetheart. Yeah he died but they were in love weren't they?" Kennedy cut Olivia off, trying to explain herself. "I know it seems crazy for me to be okay with dating a man that's almost ten years older than me but I thought he loved me." She confessed, Olivia reaching to grasp her hand, a small tear falling from the teenager's eye.

   "You thought?"

   "He use to be so nice and sweet. When his grandmother died he was just so angry all the time and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't do anything." Kennedy sighed softly, not wanting to get emotional. "He um, he started to,-" Kennedy's voice trailed off, her not wanting to finish her sentence.

   "He started to do what, honey?" Olivia squeezed her hand gently, her heart hurting for Kennedy.

   "He would make me, um, go down on him." She said as she let go of her mother's best friend's hand, ashamed of herself. "I um, I can't do anymore. I uh,-"

   "We can talk some more tomorrow or later in the week, whenever you want. Kennedy, promise me that you will stay away from him? At least until we talk again?" Olivia and Kennedy stood from the two chairs, Olivia hugging the young girl.

   "I promise." Kennedy nodded gently. "I'm sorry. It is just really hard." She apologized, her head still lowered as a tear fell from her eye to the floor.

   "Hey," the woman pulled her into a tight hug. "I know this is hard to talk about but you don't deserve this. This man is hurting you and that's not okay." Olivia comforted Kennedy the best way she knew how and continued to until she felt ready to see her mother.

   "Please, don't tell her. I don't want her to be disappointed in me." Kennedy said, stopping Olivia from opening the door.

   "She won't be,-"

   "I don't want her to know." Kennedy said quietly, looking up into Olivia's eyes, the detective nodding gently.

   "I won't tell her." Olivia said before opening the door, the two seeing Carrie sitting in a chair in front of the door.

   "Honey, are you okay?" Carrie questioned, standing up quickly. "You've been crying, sweetie,-"

   "Please, just stop. Let's go home."

   I'm loving all the comments❤ don't forget to vote! What do you think will happen next?