Chapter 12

Sorry, it's short. I had trouble with writing this. Enjoy!

***

**| Kota's POV |**

I glanced over at Victor before sighing and reaching over, yanking his glasses out of his mouth. He was chewing on the earpiece again. He didn't do that often, only when he was really working hard. His fingers were too busy and so instead he chewed. He only picked up the habit after having to get the glasses.

"You're supposed to wear them, not chew on them," I said.

He looked at me, his brown eyes widening since he didn't need to squint at the screen anymore. I kept telling him if he didn't wear his glasses while looking at a screen, his sight was only going to get worse. Then he would have to wear them permanently.

Obviously, he ignored me. He only wore them when he really needed to for the most part, unless I reminded him, and he definitely needed them right now.

We've been trying to look up what we could about the three names that North and Silas were able to get. There wasn't much to be found but then again, we didn't know the German databases so it was taking some time.

"I can't believe this," Sean came into the room, coming out of the room North and Silas were currently resting in. He tugged his gloves off and tossed them into a small bag before putting them into the small garbage can.

"How are they?" Luke asked.

"Bruised up, a little bloody, but nothing bad," Sean said. Owen came out of the room a moment later, his expression blank as he settled down on the table.

"Dakota, keep helping Victor figure out who these women are and if there is a possibility one of them is Miss Sorenson. Nathan, take Lucian and go to the local police station and see what you can find out about the True Saxons gang. It seems we are stumbling into something we shouldn't have."

"Why did they beat North and Silas up?" Luke asked, none of the playfulness usually in his eyes was there now.

"I can only imagine it's because the man you talked to yesterday let them know."

Luke shook his head. "No, he wouldn't have. He was too sincere."

I rubbed at my nose briefly before speaking up. "Unless they made him."

Luke paled at that thought and I sighed. "I'm sure he's fine but on your way back from the police station you can swing by the park to make sure. But the police station first."

Luke brightened at that idea and got up with Nathan, collecting what they needed and then headed out the door.

"Victor, please tell me you found something, anything on these names that man gave us," Owen said, his voice coming out tired.

Victor shook his head, eyes still on the screen, completely focused. I was surprised he was even listening. I followed what was happening on the screen but could barely keep up. I knew he was in some German network but I wasn't sure what it was.

"We only found out that Minna Heise does in fact exist. She has a driver's license but the location on there is old because the tenants are currently an old couple who don't have children," I said.

"Any idea where she currently is?" Owen asked.

"Still looking," Victor mumbled. He sighed and leaned away from the screen, looking up at Owen. "I don't think she's Sang though. I found her birth certificate and her parents are still alive and well."

"What about the other two?" Gabe asked. He was unpacking some of the groceries he came back with. Snacks and quick bites for when we were running out the door and didn't have enough time to make something to eat.