New Love

Damien stretched himself awake to begin his morning routine. Yawning, he got dressed and changed and stepped into the shower off his room. He took a quick shower getting only the basic cleaning done so he could make it downstairs in time for breakfast.

"Hello lover boy" Bloodbath made a little jog across the room to him as they both began going downstairs. His perpetually bloody hair stuck together in points. "I heard about you going to dinner with Raven. You must really be a good at what you do to crack that nut" his voice was hoarse and had a sense of dangerous levity. It made him think of the joker in a way only more creepy than comical.

"She's really something special" Damien sighed to himself thinking of the night.

"Aww its good to know some of us still have heart" Bloodbath laughed and patted his back. Bloodbath was a pretty friendly guy so long as he was covered in blood, he was even damn near nice in his own sinister way. They went down to the dining room and only a couple people were missing, him, bloodbath, and Raven. Even a new face, who he guessed was oxford was sat at the head of the table. The man was gray, but well-kept even in the early morning he was wearing a dress shirt and reading a newspaper over old Englishman glasses. Damien seeing Raven was gone patted Bloodbath on the back and ran back up the stairs to catch her. She stepped out of her room just as he made it there, her back was turned to him as she closed the door.

"Hello beautiful" Damien kissed her neck as he held her from behind. She melted into him brushing her arms against his.

"I was afraid for that was going to be a one night thing" she said quietly turning to him wrapping her hands around his neck.

"Why would you think that?" Damien looked her in the eye.

"I don't know it's just hard to believe that someone so, perfect" she struggled for the word "Would want anything to do with someone like me".

"You know I think the same thing" he smiled down at her, their foreheads touching. They kissed tenderly for a moment her breath was minty from just being brushed.

"Someone broke out the minty toothpaste" Damien joked.

"I thought there was a chance I'd be kissing someone today" she bit her lip as she smiled.

"Oh now you're just spoiling me" Damien laughed softly. Raven pushed off of him smoothing her hand down his chest and laughed cutely.

"Come on let's get some breakfast". They walked down together and were the last ones to the dinner table.

"Haa Haa nice of you too to join us! Didn't get and order from you last night Charmer so I just made you the basics. Hope you don't mind!" Chef's jolly voice boomed over too them.

"Ah with your cooking I'm sure I could eat about anything" Damien remarked with a smile.

"Maybe you can try some of Bloodbaths meal" Joe laughed.

"Hey! My meals are special I have a particular taste" Bloodbath kissed the tips of his fingers and raised his hands like a chef from a cartoon.

"Eh you wouldn't like it anyway" Joe turned to him seemingly more conversational now "Lots of salt, lemon, and garlic" Damien cringed at the combination. They sat, Raven beside Damien this time and in a moment Chef was out with the plate. The basics Damien thought good old fashion American bacon and eggs. Damien figured if it weren't for this life Chef could be a five-star chef with what he cooked, even Bloodbath's strip steak covered in lemon juices and salt with dashes of garlic looked appetizing.

"I don't believe we've had the pleasure" Oxford spoke up from his newspaper "I'm Oxford, the technical leader of this bunch of rascals" his voice was very much that of a high brow London British man. "I already heard about your first successful mission, very good to have been starting so early Raven did say you show promise. Now I can see why she said so" he complimented.