Midorima x Takao: Sick (Part One)

.... How did it turn out to this?

Midorima carried an unconscious Takao, bridal style, into his house.

Takao had suddenly fell sick when they were having dinner together. No, it wasn't a date, just dinner (Takao practically forced Midorima to eat with him) between the Shutokou's "Light and Shadow". The name was first given by Serin's Captain Hyuga Junpei, and it kind of stuck after that. Midorima seemed to dislike the nickname, but is seen to smile a little after turning away.

Well, a tsundere will always be a tsundere.

Back to the matters at hand, Takao had suddenly fainted at Maji Burgers, and Midorima had to carry Takao to his home, since all the clinics were closed and he didn't know Takao's address. With slight difficultly, Midorima managed to push the door open with his body and gently lay Takao on his bed. It felt weird seeing the Hawk Eye player sleeping on his bed, but what's even weirder is that Midorima secretly enjoyed looking at his peacefully sleeping face. That face always had a mischievous smile or lips parted to let out loud laughs, so seeing the quiet side of Takao was a first.

After checking Takao's temperature (which was normal), Midorima decided to leave Takao asleep for a while. It was 9 pm, not particularly late, so he decided to work on his assignments for tomorrow.

"Mm... Shin... Shin-chan?" Midorima lifted his head to see Takao awake and looking at him. Takao's blue eyes were clouded with confusion. "Where am I..?"

"My house. You suddenly fainted at Maji Burgers. Are you ok?" Midorima asked, walking and planting his chair in front of the bed. Without really thinking, Midorima touched Takao's forehead, which seemed slightly warmer than before. "Do you feel dizzy?"

"A little... can I have water?"

After gulping some water, Takao seemed more awake. "I'm sorry, Shin-chan.. I think I fainted due to exhaustion. I've not been having enough sleep recently, and honestly I wasn't feeling too well."

"Then why did you drag me to dinner?" Midorima asked perplexed.

"Cause.. well.. I wanted to eat with my Ace-sama.." he looked away and his face turned red. Midorima's eyes widened as he felt his own face heat up.

"You- you idiot. You don't have to push yourself because of me. Now you've cause me so much trouble because I have to take care of you-nodayo." Midorima quickly recovered himself and gently chided Takao.

"Says the tsundere who's blushing~" Takao teased him a little. Takao couldn't help it, not when Midorima looked so cute with his face as red as a tomato.

"Shut up-nodayo, Bakao." Midorima said. Then he signed.  As tsundere as he is, he couldn't leave Takao on his own.

"Stay here until tomorrow. If need be I'll accompany you to the nearest clinic and you can rest here tomorrow as well. Good night." Midorima turned to leave but is stopped by Takao grabbing his wrist.

"Stay with me till I fall asleep?" Takao whispered, who suddenly seemed so vulnerable. Midorima found all his frustration tossed out of his window and sat down silently. Takao smiled in appreciation and closed his eyes, his breathing heavier soon after.

Slowly, after making sure Takao was asleep, Midorima gently ran his fingers through Takao's hair. It was soft and smooth, just as he imagined it to be.

"Good night, Kazunari." Midorima whispered and gently kissed Takao's hair, saying Takao's given name for the first time.

"I love you."