Aomine x Kuroko: Teiko's Shadow (Part One)

A/N: Please know that this is the part 1 to KagaKuro: Seirin's Light and the Aomine x Kuroko ship will sink. I'm sorry but this is how I wanna write this. But I might write more happy stories of them in the future.

This can be read as a stand alone.

-----------

"I can't .... even remember how to catch your pass anymore."

The look on Daiki's face was the worst I've seen.

How did everything became like this?

Everything had been so fine before.

------------

Tetsu.

Aomine suddenly put him arms  around me after a match, on our way back home.

It was an orange and red evening sky, with the flutter of leaves and the warmth of Aomine's embrace.

Needless to say, I was surprised. But more at myself.

I was really smiling after a long time.

My heart thumped loudly as I turned, eyes locked on his glittering blue eyes and his lips brushed mine.

I think I like you.

Aomine Daiki had confessed to me.

------------

It was weird in the beginning.

"Morning, Tetsu."

It starts with Daiki looking lazy as always at my doorstep, my heart skipping even when this happens everyday.

"Good morning, Daiki."

Walking to school together, mostly in silence and enjoying each others' company.

Occasionally holding hands, with his warm and long fingers gently touching mine.

Sweat flying as we practising together.

Waiting and going home together.

Occasional short but sweet kisses on my doorstep.

Once we almost went further.

It took us a while, but we got used to it.

It wasn't a lot.

But those months were the happiest moments of my life.

----------

But now, seeing Daiki's expression, I couldn't say anything to him. The only thing I could do is to let my tears continue flowing down my face, confusion flooding me.

"Daiki..." The words lodged at my throat and for a moment, I felt suffocated, like someone had his hands around my throat.

"Tetsu. I'm saying that... I can only depend on myself now." Daiki's face was full of emotion, looking so terrifying mad but guilty.