nine.

Edited 22/03/2022

---

Jae Eun just stared at Jimin feeling annoyed at his presence there. She turned to Mingyu then sighed before ordering some drinks. Mingyu nodded then started making her orders which made her had to deal with Jimin now.

"Are you free this weekend?" Jimin asked suddenly making Jae Eun grimaced. What was that? Was it the first step of asking someone to go out?

"Why?" not even answering, she just asked back.

"You didn't answer me. I don't know, maybe we could go somewhere," Jimin shrugged. Yep, first step.

Jae Eun looked at him judgingly, "why would I want to go somewhere with you?"

She made him speechless. What should be the answer to that? Because he told her so? Because he's handsome? Because he's a mafia and if she refused then he could just shoot her? Those didn't seem like the right answers anyway. "Please?" was what he could say after.

Again, Jae Eun glared at him. Why would he ask her to go out?

She did a long sigh before she asked a question again, "where?"

"I'm more of a person who plan things while doing something," Jimin replied.

They both stayed silent for awhile until Jae Eun spoke again, "no then."

"What? Why?"

"What if you suddenly plan to take me to this...I don't know, woods maybe? Then you shoot me and leave me there? Nobody knows, right, Park Jimin?" Jae Eun sent a bitter smile making him scratched his not itchy nape.

"Why would you think like that?"

"Because it might happen? I'm not risking my life to hang out with people like you, Jimin," Mingyu came with Jae Eun's orders and in a swift motion, she paid for them then left the shop.

"Now, what's getting into her?" Jimin mumbled to himself.

"Probably she's just playing hard to get. Don't give up," Mingyu encouraged Jimin suddenly and Jimin chuckled at his statement. Yea, maybe she was playing hard to get. But what if she's not? What if she really didn't want to get involved in the hazardous life of Park Jimin? Not that he wanted her too. He just needed distraction from his mafia routines for a night. He's exhausted and needed something to charge his energy for a bit. And he chose her.

"I'll keep trying. Thanks, Mingyu!" Jimin patted his shoulders then left the shop. Mingyu just looked at him leaving.

"I thought he will buy something," he complained.

***

Days had passed and Jimin often came to the music store. Not everyday, but often. And Jae Eun always told him to stop showing up. And today, Jimin was there again talking with Jihee, and now he brought Jungkook again.

Jae Eun chose to not care about his presence there at the store. Luckily, she brought a book that could distract her from anything that's going on in the world. Sometimes she closed the book when a customer asked for her help but then she went back again to her book. Jimin always stared at her movements and sometimes she caught him staring.