Holly's Special Home. We arrived at the white washed building at noon. There was a huge white rock at the entrance that had the initials inscribed in beautiful calligraphy. Below it was a marble stone board containing the details of the founders of the home.

It was a branch ,built five years ago ,of the Seaview Hospital in town that looked after patients who no longer needed to stay in the hospital but required special attendance. Such cases were quite rare in the small town thus our Mayor had approved the establishment of the home. The name Holly was given to it in the honour of the compassionate woman who spear headed the foundation. She was currently in charge of the home and so far it has been firm and stable all through. The home was sponsored by the rich tycoons in town thus accommodation of patients was free. The only thing I had to worry about was medical bills.

We were welcomed in by one of the security guards after having registered our names and purpose of visit . Once the huge black gate was opened, marvellous green gardens were in view. They were well kept and due to the previous night's downpour, it felt rejuvenating.  Scattered around the beautiful gardens were patients enjoying the awesome veiw and fresh air after being cooped up inside. Each one of them had either a caretaker or a nurse tending to their  needs . They were treated like royals.

The security was tough operating the most sophisticated not to mention expensive gadgets they used to keep the patients in and unwanted outsiders out. It was a safe heaven.We treaded along the stoned sidewalk next to the tarmac road that had a breathtaking fountain serving as a round about where visitors are dropped off before the cars are parked in the underground parking lot.The sidewalk had cute chairs where people sat under a bougainvillea where the colourful leaves fell down beautifully like a scenery coming right out of a movie.

Rest assured once we stepped into the main building, we were greeted by a buzz of busy nurses and workers going about their business. Some occasionally paused to acknowledge our presence others were nice enough to engage us in small talk.  We were quite popular due to our visits. I once heard one of the nurses refer to us as the two 'angels'.  I mean it was cheesy but it was better than what I got in school .

Heading towards the reception, Mrs Anderson met us with a broad smile." Hello Angels . Haven't seen you two in awhile . How have you been doing ?" She said flashing us a toothy smile that would have passed as a toothpaste commercial.

"All is well for us. How is mother? I got a messa... I mean we came to spend time with her today . I hope she is free ." I answered a little too quickly covering the slip I made. I had gotten an email from Miss Holly requesting that we make a visit as soon as possible as she would have like to discuss with me about the my mother's medical results that would arrive that Saturday. I did not want to worry Riley thus I had successfully managed to hide it from her that was until my mouth decided to loose its sieve.

Luckily that went unnoticed as Mrs Anderson stood up from her desk and led us to mother's room as she talked animatedly flailing her perfectly manicured hands as she did so." She is doing great . Lisa has been very cooperative with the system and has grown used to the environment.  Her many questions are now reduced . You have no idea how hard they are to answer dolls ! " She exclaimed as we rounded a corner definitely catching a patient off guard as she jumps up clutching her heart in shock . I felt sorry for her. Regardless Mrs Anderson continued as if nothing had happened.

"Oh and she made friends with some of the patients here. I think she is finally opening up . Isn't that wonderful. " She said turning around to see our response as we both cheered both happy and relived to hear that . Her reassurance got me to clam down just a bit . I had been worried about her since she had been reluctant to settle there. However , knowing her it was probably just a facade she used to keep the nurses at bay.