Jake's P.O.V

I left the room feeling quite sorry for Kate since aunt Mil could get a little too.... overwhelming. I'm sure she can handle it, they know each other directly don't they?  However, I couldn't help but notice aunt Mil's confused expression when Kate said that they had met at the Sweet Pie Inn. I could read her like a book. Kate on the other hand was a mystery I seemed determined to solve. was she hiding something from me ?

"Jake! " Aunt Mil called out drawing me out of my 'detective layer ' . I walked into the kitchen only to find her covering simmering cooking pan as the aroma filled the kitchen. I honestly could'nt wait  till dinner. "Aunt, do you think I should taste the food you know ... just a second opinion from chef to chef? " I winked jokingly.

"Where is the other chef because I don't see any." She smirked as my face literally fell out of disappointment. 
"Me ! Aunt ! I thought you would be on my side . What's with everyone these days ... not liking my cooking .... since Kate came..." I was grumbling like a kid .
"Please, don't act like you don't enjoy her company ... Yes I know you too well Jakey. Speaking of, did you do as I asked ?"
"Yes , Kate's upstairs waiting you should go." I said hoping to get a taste of the food when she was gone but then, " So... are you going to tell me how you two know each other?" I asked surprising myself at how serious I became.

"That is for me to know and you to find out ... I need to go and check up on her. You go do the laundry for those wet clothes and take a shower before you catch a cold.. Don't  even think about it." She narrowed her eyes at my hands that were slowly reaching out to the spatula before rushing out of the kitchen. I couldn't get anything past her.

Deciding against crossing aunt Mil, I made a quick text to Brian telling him not to get home or he'll sleep hungry . Judging at how much hungry four- year- olds would eat  their favorite dish, you got the picture. Brian was probably at the gym if not the practicing with the school football team. We would usually go together  but since I went to the park, he went without me.

I headed out to the laundry room, threw the kids' clothes in the machine, striped mine off and covered my lower half with a towel. I did this more out of habit than anything. Setting the timer to wash, I went up the stairs for a shower in Brian's room when I heard aunt Mil's voice, "So how do you two know each other? if you're not dating? Don't give the friend excuse.." for a customer-waiter relationship they seemed a little too close, not that I minded anyway.

"Um.... I sort of work for him?" Kate answered as if unsure.

"Heeh! What?you are working for him? My goodness I thought I raised him well . What awful things has he made you do ? " Oh ooh ... this can't be good.

"No, no it's nothing like that . I'm an M&M employee you know, Maid & Master Company ?"

"Oh yes , I heard Tara talk about assigning a cleaner for him , saying something about how  unacceptable it is for the owner of the company not to have his own maid." Aunt Mil blabbered a bit too much. "The boy has been thorough so much at such a young age. You two are more alike than you think..."

"Aunt Mil, I think something is burning in the kitchen..."I interrupted. Aunt Mil sheriked  and ran out to the kitchen . Phew.. for a second there I thought she was going to give away my life history. Suddenly I realized how clever and stupid  the move was. Kate and I were alone in the room and I wore nothing but a towel on my lower half.

Kate stood there mouth slightly open, eyes raking my state. Well, as always " Like what you see?" I smirked. Let's just say I did not expect what came after. Kate burst out, laughing. Yes, she laughed like it was the joke of the year.