Chapter I

Chapter 1

"Oh God I can't be late again, I can't be late, I can't be late, mom would kill me" I continuously repeated the mantra in quiet whispers as I quickly ran down the sleek and insanely perfect stairs. I glanced at the huge wall clock opposite me as soon as I reached the end of the stairs. I cursed under my breath.

Damn it am late!

My mom would be livid by now before I reach the dining table. I've been being late to the dining table three days on a row now.

My mother likes them punctual. And if you are the exact opposite- like me -... Let's just say, stay at her good side because no one will want to face her wrath.

"Anna, you're late again, if you don't show up in the dining room in the next three seconds, I think her majesty is finally gonna snap!" Andrew, one of our loyal servants in the royal palace says. Andrew, whom preferred to be referred to as 'Drew', is considered more as a family than a servant. He has been with us since God knows how long. I guess I happened to just know him here since when I was born. Mind you, he might act like a teenager but I swear he's above fourty.

"Oh thank you captain obvious for this important information, I never knew" I replied sarcastically while rolling my eyes. I started jogging a bit to save some more time... And my life.

Drew chuckled following me in suit.

I quickly ran down the massive well decorated hallways and sigh in relief when the gigantic doors of the dinning room in sight.

I burst open the doors, panting, and all heads snapped towards me.

My mom, dad, sister and brother, all waiting for me. I can see my mom fuming in anger as I started walking to my chair.

"Am so so sorry am late again, promise I'll come on time tomorrow, I just don't know what I was doing, the time seems to fl..." I was saying when my beloved mother cut me half.

"Annabelle!" My mom says firmly. "Go back and tie your hair up in a ponytail" she adds calmly looking very intimidating.

I know better than to argue with her so I nodded and replied "Sure your majesty" I hung my head low and turn on my heels to walk out.

There are a few things you should know about The queen aka Mom, one, never ever call her anything but 'your majesty' -her own children included-. Two, just obey and you won't have a problem with her. And that's exactly where I come in, we're poles apart. The complete opposite of the other. I can't live the way she wants me to, and she can't live tolerating my choice of life style. Let's just say am never her favorite.

"Fast!" The Queen's voice boomed through the quiet dinning room  and I almost tripped, which earned a snicker from my dumbass brother whom am pretty sure is finding all this entertaining.

I proceed to stride outside the dining room and Tie my hair up in a ponytail with a band that was resting on my wrist.

I went back inside this time being careful and not saying anything. I sat on my chair, feeling The Queen's deathly glare burning holes at my head.

"Sit up straight!" She says and I quickly straighten up. She sighs eyeing my clothes, "and what are you wearing?" She asks, and honestly, I don't even wanna answer. No matter what I say she's still not gonna like it... Mostly because I was wearing a ripped jeans and a baggy shirt, with my favorite black and white converse.

Yeah, yeah, I know am a princess -which her majesty has no trouble reminding me of everyday- but I can't live my life being someone am clearly not.