Chapter seven: Get out of the dragons den

After all the Camelot knights, apart from Gwaine and Percival -who had managed to slip away, claiming they were going to look around- Peter pulled me in for a bone crushing hug.

"Can't...Breath!" I shrieked -in a very high pitched voice- before Peter let me go.

"So this is your brother?" Gwaine asked. Peters shocked face had me biting back my laugher.

"Peter, they are the only two knights that know of who I am." He sighed in relief.

"I don't remember you telling him not to tell anyone, Merlin." Percival said.

"We could always communicate through looks." My brother lightly punched me, and I punched him back.

"Are you still the best with a sword?" He asked, hand going for the hilt of his sword.

"Merlin, the best with a sword? Please, do show us." Gwaine said, and I must say, he reminded me a a little girl receiving a gift.

"Are you up to it, little brother?" My prince side shone through.

"I may finally beat you." I chuckled.

"Not likely, but if your willing to bet on it?"

"How about my river stone, or your feather quill." These were both treasured possessions of ours.

"It's a deal." I unsheathed my sword, and Peter did there same.

We circled each other. I waited for Peter to make a move, and knowing him, he would. And he did. He lunged, sword held high. I took a lower angle, ducking away from Peters sword. I swung at his legs. He jumped and swung at my arms. I leaned back, avoiding the hit. My brother was panting, I was breathing evenly. Swing after swing, hit after hit. Five minutes and I got bored. I pushed him back, and before he could fully understand what was going on, I jumped, turned, and hit him flat of my sword. He fell to the ground, dirt clouds rising around him. Sword at his neck. Beat him!

"Do you yield?" I asked.

"I yield." He said, nodding his head. I turned to see awestruck looks on Gwaine and Percival's faces.

"Keep your river stone, it was a easy bet anyway."

"How?" Gwaine asked astonished.

"I practise."

"That was amazing."

"Come brother, let me show you to your chambers."

I followed my brother. A few halls away, we came to my chambers. Inside, there was big bed with blue silk sheets. The were blue curtains with stained glass windows, a desk with multiple objects on top, a changing screen, and a wardrobe. It's so good to be home.

I brushed my fingers over the desk, then went to the wardrobe to look inside. Royal clothing and boots waited inside. My own blue cape, with the royal seal of Towerkuns where the shoulders where, hung proudly, and I picked it up, and tried it on for size. The soft fabric brushed over the back of my neck, a familiar feeling.

"Peter, this is amazing."

"All the sorcerers built the hideout, I just shielded it. They did an amazing job, and most rooms look as they did in the castle."

"Feels like the past seven years didn't happen, being in here." Peter smiled, and nodded, but then a frown took it's place.

"Merek will pay for what he has done, Merlin. We will make sure of it." I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"A feast has been organised for the Camelot knights, and I guess you as well. It's in a week. Maybe, saying as you haven't said a thing about being a prince you could-" He cut himself off, and raced out of my chambers.

"Oh yes, run off before you finish your sentence, don't worry about me." I muttered, running after him.

We turned corners, ran up stairs, and slipped past servants and knights, until finally, we reached the mouth of a cave, walls built in around it. My brother ran in, growling. Inside the cave, hundreds of dragons lived.

"I thought they all died." I was astonished to say the least. How had so many survived?

"Get out!" My brother yelled. "This place is off bounds!" I looked at who he was yelling at.

The person seemed frown in place, his back facing us. Blonde short hair and tan skin. Arthur had found his way in here.

"I said get out!" My brother walked towards Arthur, grabbed both his shoulders, and spun him around.

Arthur's eyes were wide with fear, his mouth dropped in the shape of an 'o'.

"King Arthur?" Peter questioned.

"I was walking around, and...you have dragons!" Arthur exclaimed.

"This place is off bounds for you and your knights, dragons are not always friendly with those they do not know." Arthur nodded, and stumbled out.

"Is my...?"

"Yes Merlin, Reona is here, she survived." I scanned the nests of dragons, until my eye caught a black dragon with blue eyes. Reona.

She flew down to me. "Merlin!" A joyful cry.

"Reona, your alive, I thought you-"

"I almost did, but a knight found me, and he took me here. It was a year after Merek attacked, and I was in the sky. They slung a boulder at me." My anger only grew.

"He will pay for what he has done." I promised.

"Yes Merlin, he will. But do not let that task consume you. Do not do it for a single person, do it for all and for the greater good." Wise words from a wise dragon.

"I promise Reona." She nodded her head.

"It is good to see you Merlin."

"And even better to see you Reona."

Who likes Peter? Who likes Reona? Who doesn't?

Like the dragons den?