Chapter three: Past comes knocking

Their royal blue capes blew in the gentle wind, the silver swirl with two blocks of blue shown proudly. The crest of Towerkuns, the enlarged version of my own royal seal that was hidden under my tunic.

The first and tallest knight had light brown hair and brown skin. His eyes were a dark brown and his face was oval shaped. The second knight was a head smaller and had black hair was light green eyes. His skin was also brown, though a shade darker, and his face was heart like.

I stood, staring at two of my closest friends. The Knights of Towerkuns.

Arthur noticed my sudden freeze up and turned to me.

"Merlin, are you sure your ok?" He asked.

My knights looked at me. "Yes, fine." I squeaked. I gave my knights a not-here-later look, and they all nodded ever so slightly and turned back to Arthur.

"What brings you to Camelot?"

"We request an audience with you, Sire." Sir John says, bowing respectfully, though, not as low as he did for me.

"Of what kingdom do you come from?" Arthur asks.

"We come from the kingdom Towerkuns, sire." Sir Rulf respond with a small bow of the head.

"Request granted."

———

We were gathered in the courtroom, Arthur on his throne, Gwen beside him on hers, Gaius and I standing to the side, behind the Camelot knights.

"So, of what kingdom do you come, again?" Arthur asks.

"Towerkuns, Sire, Rulf answers quickly stepping forward.

"And what brings you two here?" Arthur says gently.

"Seven years ago, our kingdom was attacked, by non other than our king's brother. Many years before that, he had been banished for the crime of attempted murder, and he wanted his revenge. He attacked the kingdom with his army. But our defences were low, because most of our knights were out, dealing with the problem of bandits. We fought as best we could, and many fell and died. Our king was injured in the fight, and we got him out of the kingdom." My father had not told me of this when Arthur and I found him to save Camelot from the great dragon.

"Before the attack started, we managed to get our eldest prince out, though, he protested much." I almost frowned at that. "And then a week after, we found our youngest prince in a cave an hour or so from Towerkuns boarders." My brother was alive.

"So, let me guess, you would like Camelot to aid you in retaking your kingdom?" Arthur questioned.

"Yes, m'lord. But, before you chose, we must warn you, that before the kingdom was attacked, magic rained free. But we assure you, that no magic will harm you or your knights." I looked at Arthur. He seemed tense, but also... excited? He thought magic was the cause that had killed his father, and yet, he looked ready to say yes.

"I understand what it is like to have your kingdom taken away from you, so we would gladly come on your quest for your kingdom. If not all magic is bad, then I'm sure we can work together." My knights faces were filled with joy.

"Thank you, m'lord, thank you so much." John said happily, and I couldn't hide the smile that took over my face.

"We'll ride at dawn, and my servant, Merlin, will show you to your guest chambers." I walked over to my knights and told them to follow me. They did as told, and we walked to one of the two guest chambers they would be staying at.

I turned around, a smirk on my face.

"Sire, is that really you?" John asked. My smirk, if possible, grew bigger.

"That it is John, that it is." I just finish my sentence as, John and Rulf dived onto me, trapping me under their combined weight.

"Sire, it's so good to see you!"

"How have you been, Sire?"

"It's good to see you two, and remember, titles. Also, can't breath." They got off, and waited for me to catch my breath, then, started playfully punching me.

"But sire, we haven't seen you for ages." John said mockingly.

"And your title should be used, sire." Rulf joined the mocking fun.

"Oh yes, very funny." I said walking to the door, and standing next to it.

And then, I heard a light shuffle, as though a mouse had run across the floor. Someone was listening in from the other side of the door, so I swung it open.

"Tell anyone what you just heard, and I cut your haaaaneeeeeey Gwaine, hey Percival." I tried to save myself, but only dug myself a bigger hole.

"Sire?" They said in unison.

Oh dear, how was I going to get out of this one?

Hi!

Ok, so last two chapters, I've had really awesome comments, and I just wanted to say...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT MEANS A LOT, AND I CAN'T SAY HOW MUCH I LOVED THE COMMENTS. ALSO, I SWEAR I'VE HAD NOT SUGAR (maybe a little. just some sour straps)

Yep, I'm insane.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, and I hope I can hold your interests in this story.

Bye!

(Partly Edited)