Chapter 4

***Emma's P.O.V.***

EEEK!!!!!! HAYES WAS ABOUT TO KISS ME!!!!! Too bad I had to go home. Ugh. BUT I STILL KISSED HIM ON THE CHEEK!!!!!! OH MY GOSH EEEK!!!!! By the time I get to my front door, I'm still smiling. I grab my key and unlock the door. My mom is in the kitchen and it looks like she's rushing to do something. "Hey mom!" I say. She looks at me, smiles, and continues what she's doing. "Listen sweetie, I gotta run. I'm going to a work thing. You gotta stay here and look after the house because Luke isn't here," she tells me. I simply nod and yell goodbye as she runs out the door.

I go to my room and change into comfy clothes. After I take a shower, I dry my hair and put it in a side braid. I grab some sweats and the MagCon sweatshirt that I "borrowed" from Hayes. It's a little big on me but it's really comfy. I go downstairs and grab the phone. I order some pizza and plop down on the couch. I turn on the T.V. and flip through the channels. I finally decided to just watch Criminal Minds. It felt nice to just sit and watch T.V. alone for a while. Criminal Minds was getting pretty intense but then the doorbell rang. "Ooh pizza!" I say out loud. I pause the T.V. and walk over to open the door.

"Nash?" I say, half disappointed because I really wanted pizza, but Nash is ok.

I look at him and he looks awful. His eyes are red and puffy. He looks like he's been crying. "Luke isn't home yet," I say. "But you can definitely come in if you'd like," I add. He nods his head. I step aside and he comes in. We go and sit on the couch. I turn off the T.V. After about five minutes of awkward silence, I decide to speak up, "Nash? Are you ok?" He shakes his head and a tear falls from his eye. I haven't seen Nash cry since we were kids. What happened? I pull him in for a hug because I didn't know what else to do. He cries into my shoulder for a few minutes and then pulls away.

"What happened?" I ask. "Ashley," he chokes out. I stop him right there and get up. I go into the kitchen and grab a tub of ice cream and hand it to him. I give him a spoon and he smiles. "So, I went over to her house to surprise her because I haven't seen her in a few weeks. When I get there, I knock on the door and nobody answered. So, in the backyard there's this thing that I can climb to get up to her window. I usually go through there whenever I come to see her. Well I went to climb it to see if she was in her room listening to music. I thought that was the reason she didn't answer the door. So anyways, I got up there and looked through the window. She was in there having a full on make-out session with Brock," Nash manages to tell me through sobs and mouthfuls of ice cream. "BROCK?!" I practically yell, "Brock, as in you and Luke's best friend? That Brock? He was the one making out with Ashley?!" He just nods. "Well she's a slut and he's a man whore. You deserve way better than them," I tell Nash.

He gives me a small smile. I can tell it's fake, so I pull him into another hug. We rant about Ashley and Brock for a while. We laugh about them and I can tell he's cheering up. It's actually fun until he did something really unexpected. He kissed me. Nash Grier, my brother's best friend, kissed me.

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

Short little update for you guys cuz I love you. But haha cliffhanger ish? Well anyways, I just thought of a really great idea. It won't come until later on in the story but yeah be ready to cry I guess. Thanks so much for reading! Update tomorrow maybe. Love all of you! (even if I don't know you)