Chapter 15

The car pulls into a slow stop in the driveway of a huge single family home. Mrs. Thomson turned off the car and opened her door. She decided to let the kids sleep while she unlocked the house and unloaded the car.

Minutes later Emma woke up. She lifted her head up to see her mom outside opening the door of her old house. She smiled and said to herself, "It's good to be home."

She yawned and got out of the car. She stretched her arms and legs. She slowly made her way around the car and to the trunk. Emma grabbed her bag and dress that was hanging on its nice little hanger in the back. She made her way up the driveway and to the front door. She took a deep breath and walked into the house which she had missed so much.

She ran upstairs into her room... her former room. She smiled as she saw everything the way she left it a year ago. She sighed as she flopped on the bed.

Emma walked to her bathroom and looks in the mirror. She took her hair out of the braid that it was in, letting loose her beautiful waves. She quickly washed her face and cleans up.

Emma then ran down the stairs and into the garage. She looked into the car and saw the three boys still sleeping. She smiled and got into the driver's seat. She took one last look at them sleeping before honking the horn as loud as possible. Luke, Nash, and Hayes all jump awake. They looked up to see who had woken them. Emma quickly ran out of the car and into her room, locking the door.

Once again, she plopped onto her bed grinning. Her smile slowly fading away as her thoughts drift to her father. She sat up and reached into her pocket. She pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. She took a deep breath and opened up the paper, revealing messy handwriting. She sighed as she looked over the eulogy she had written.

Words were scribbled out, illegible, or made no sense. She knew she had to re-write it. As she skimmed through the paper she heard a doorbell. She smiled instantly knowing who it was. She shot up and ran out of her room. She pushed through Nash carrying a suitcase up the stairs and opened the door. As soon as she swung it open she ran into his arms and wrapped her legs around him, forcing him to carry her.

"MATT!!" she squealed. She got off of him and looked at her best friend. He smiled at her, "I missed ya, shorty." "Matt, I'm the same height as you..." Emma chuckled. He playfully rolled his eyes.

Nash, Hayes, and Luke came down the stairs. They each took turns greeting Matt and giving their bro hugs. They then all go down to the basement.

They all sit on the huge sectional and just catch up. Matt told the 4 that he now had a girlfriend, named Alison. They had all met her before, but back then, as far as they were concerned, they were just friends. "Well you're not the only one who's in a relationship," Luke tells him. Hayes and Emma smile and blush. Hayes slips his hand into Emma's as Matt sits shocked. He chuckles and says, "I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later."

Nash smiles and laughs along, to make sure no one knew how he truly felt. "I gotta go to the bathroom real quick," Nash lies.

He gets up not waiting for anyone's response. He walks into the bathroom and closed the door locking it. He leans against the door slowly sliding his back down to the floor. He puts his head in his hands and sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "I can't do this," he says to himself. Getting up, he walks out of bathroom. "I feel a little tired guys, I'm probably gonna go to sleep. See y'all tomorrow." And with that, he leaves.

Matt notices he's lying but says nothing. He waits a couple of minutes, then finally says, "Hey guys, I needa go do something real quick, I'll be back soon." Everyone nods and he goes up to the guest room. He opens the door and sees Nash sitting at the desk with his head down.

"You good bro?" Matt says quietly. No answer. "Nash, I know how you feel about her. Why cant you just tell her that you love her?" "Because she doesn't feel the same way. Because I'm a good brother. Because Hayes deserves her more than me." Nash groans with his head still down. Matt places a hand on his shoulder, "I think by now, you deserve her as much as Hayes does, maybe even more." He pats Nash's back and goes back downstairs, leaving Nash to his thoughts.

A/N:

Heyyyyy! Quick question you guys. Am i the only one who can't see Chapter 14 when I'm using my wattpad app on my phone or does anyone else have that problem?

Anywaysss I am so so so sorry that I've been gone for so long! I've had so much going on... I'm starting highschool in a few days and on top of that, I made the cheer team so I've had summer practices!

Oh and I'm really sorry, this was written in a span of like 2-3 days and so if it doesn't seem to flow well, that's why...

I'll try to be more active I swear!

But in other news, I'm really excited because I'm working on another fanfic. I'll be posting the first chapter as soon as this story is over.

It's going to be a Matt fanfic. Again, I do feel kind of weird about it but its kind of based on a true story not really but a little bit. Like the first part of the story is based on a true story. But the rest isn't. So stay tuned for that!

Um, I'm sad to say that this story will only have like 10 chapters left give or take a few, and I know that the story hasn't really had anything interesting happen yet, but it will soon, I promise!

Until next time guys! byeee