Chapter 14

***No one's P.O.V.***

A/n I'm gonna try writing this in third person to see how it goes.

Nash sits in the car staring blankly in space. Everything is quiet besides the soft snores from Luke, Hayes, and Emma. The soft hum of the engine and the quiet sounds coming from the radio are very distinct from Nash's seat. The gentle rock of the car would put anyone to sleep... unless they have a troubled mind like Nash.

"Miss Thompson? How long do we have 'till we get to Virginia?" Nash whisper yells. "About four and a half hours. We'll take a pit stop when we're halfway there. Thirty minutes," she replies.

Nash nods and continues his thinking. He runs his hands through his hair as he tries to sort his inner conflict. 20 minutes pass and Nash is still wide awake and contemplating his love life. 10 minutes pass and Nash knows in his heart what he should do.

The car pulls into a stop and the hum of the engine is gone along with the radio. "Nash, could you wake the kids up?" Miss Thompson asks. Nash nods. She leaves and runs to the bathroom. He turns to his right where Hayes is sleeping. He gently taps his brother waking him. "We're at a pit stop so go to the bathroom," Nash says. He turns to the back where Luke was and does the same.

Luke leaves to go to the bathroom. Nash gets out of the car and to the front where Emma was. He opens the door and stares down at her. He has a sad expression on his face as he strokes the hair out of her face. "God, I wish I had realized how beautiful and kind you are before Hayes had. I hope he treats you like a princess because you deserve it," he whispers. He stares at her a while longer, He then reluctantly taps her gently and wakes her. She slowly opens her eyes and he smiles when she looks up at him. He lets her know where they are and he leaves to go to the bathroom.

Little did Nash know, Hayes was watching. As Nash walks to the bathroom, Hayes acts like he's walking out. As Hayes heads to the car, Nash grabs his arm stopping him. "I need to talk to you," Nash says.

Nash takes Hayes a few steps away and stops. Nash takes a deep breath but stays quiet for a bit. "Well?" Hayes says waiting for Nash to speak up.

"Here's the deal, Hayes, I like Emma. Like a lot. I have never felt this way ever before. But, believe it or not, you being my brother means something. So, Hayes, I'm giving you one chance. ONE chance. Got it? If you mess up, don't think for a second that I won't swoop in. I will always be there for Emma, no matter what happens. I will be there if you mess up and I will have my arms open for her. You see buddy, there comes a time in a guy's life, when he meets a someone that is worth waiting for. That guy loves that person so much that they're willing to suffer through the pain of watching them with someone else and hoping that finally, one day, he gets a shot. That's how I feel. So, since you had feelings for Emma first, you can try and win her over," Nash says.

Hayes stays quiet for a while, processing what just happend. He gives Nash a small smile and hugs him. Nash hugs back. "Aight, man pull away, don't be weird," Nash says. Hayes chuckles and lets go of his brother. "Thanks," Hayes says. Nash gives a small nod. Hayes walks back to the car.

Emma walks out of the bathroom patting her hands on her shorts to make sure they are dry. She looks around and sees Nash looking down as he slowly moves his foot back and forth kicking rocks. Emma walks up to him and he looks up as she gets closer. 

Emma smiles at Nash and copies what he's doing. Nash looks down at her and sees that she's looking up at him. "What?" she asks. Nash contemplates on whether or not he should tell her that she's beautiful. Instead he just shakes his head and gives her a weak smile. "It's nothing," he says quietly. She smiles and hugs him. Nash is surprised at first but then hugs back.

In his mind, it's like the world is swirling around until everything disappears and it is just Emma and Nash. It feels like there is no such thing as time and that they could just stay there forever. But then, reality hits him like a ton of bricks and he slowly pulls away. He gives her a fake smile and asks, "What was that for?" "You looked like you needed a hug," Emma replies simply. A real smile creeps its way onto Nash's face.

Emma just makes Nash feel some sort of way and he couldn't bare the fact that he had to see her and Hayes get all cuddly. His thoughts are interrupted by Emma saying, "I'm gonna go back to the car. You coming?" Nash thought for a bit, then finally replied, "Nah, I think I'll wait for your brother." She nodded and went back to the dirty red mini-van that held so many of their memories.

Seconds later, Luke finally walked out of the bathroom. "What took you so long?" Nash asks. "I don't know... probably the fact that I was eavesdropping on all your conversations," Luke says smirking. His smirk fades away and seriousness washes over his face. He put his hand on Nash's shoulder and says quietly, "You did the right thing." Nash nods.

"Did I really?" Nash says to himself quietly.

A/N

short I know but I just wanted to update. I think the next chapter will be long, but im not sure yet, Im not making any promises haha

but ya I decided to try and do third person... Do you guys like it? If not I can go back to having it in first person. 

But anywayssss aww Nash!!! I feel like throughout the whole story so far, I've made Nash seem like a jerk... I thought I'd show his good side.... Soooo i got a question for ya'll. Team Hayes? or team Nash?

Oh and how do y'all feel bout me putting Matt in the story? I feel like for me it's weird because I grew up with Matt and like we went to the same school and my brother was friends with him.. But i mean if you guys want me to add matt, I will....

But until next time... Deuces :)