Chapter 13

***Emma'S P.O.V.***

I am abruptly awakened by the sudden stop of the car. Okay, it wasn't actually sudden. It was more of a slow pull-over into the gas station. I just didn't expect the stop considering I was, well, asleep. I pause the music playing on my phone. I unplug my ear-phones, look up ever so slightly, and take in my surroundings.

My mom is is walking into the store and the three boys are in the back deep in conversation. In fact, they don't seem to realize that I'm awake. I make sure to keep it that way for now. I listen in on what they're saying. Luke is speaking at the moment. "Guys, I'm not letting her get between the two of you. I need you to work this out soon because I can't let her get hurt in the process either," he says in an extremely serious tone. I realize that they're talking about me...

They stay quiet for a while. "Nash, how could you do this to me?" Hayes finally says disappointed. "You know that I've liked her since the 4th fucking grade. You also know that this sucks for me because we all know that you always end up with the girl. So Nash, if you end up winning this girl, you'll end up losing a brother."

Nash says nothing. "You're right, Hayes," Nash says "I do always end up with the girl." Nash chuckles. I have never been so disappointed and disgusted with Nash in my entire life. Not even when he made out with his annoying ex-girlfriend, and not even when he accused me of being jealous. My thoughts are disrupted when an angry Hayes slams the car door shut and walks away from the car.

I sit up and run outside to go follow him. I see Hayes pacing back and forth and running his hands through his hair. I see him struggling to fight the urge to kill his brother. I see the tears in his eyes, formed from frustration. I run to him and gently place my hands on his. I bring them down and wrap his arms around me. I hug him tight and slightly pull away. I cup his face in my hands and kiss him. It's slow and gentle and passionate. I don't ever want this kiss to end but I know it has to. I hold on to the last few seconds before we have to part. We finally pull away to catch our breaths. He buries his face into my shoulder, pulling me into a tight hug. I pull away and put my finger under his chin forcing him to look at me. I gently wipe his remaining tears away with my thumb. I pull him into a hug again, never wanting to let go.

***Luke's P.O.V.***

Nash and I watch as my little sister runs to follow Hayes. We watch as they hug and kiss and be all mushy. Nash stays quiet. I put my hand on his shoulder, and he rudely shrugs it off. 

Ok that's it. I've had it with him. "Listen here buddy," I yell causing him to turn around. "You're my best friend and I hate to say it, but you don't deserve my sister. You walked yourself into this mess and if you cant take empathy from your best friend, you have another thing coming, Seeing you be an asshole to Hayes? What has gotten into you? You need to check yourself. So I suggest you sit in the front seat until the rest of the way to Virginia. That's only three more hours. Got it? You need to think about this real hard. If you really think that you deserve my sister, you need to think about why you're better than anything that Hayes could be for her. Ok?" I yell.

Nash glares at me. "You are not her father so don't lecture me about anything." 

Oh my God. Did he just say that. Without thinking, I lunge at him and throw a punch, hitting him in the jaw. Hayes and Emma come running and open the door. "What happened?" Emma asks frantically. Nash is now outside the car, holding his jaw while Emma makes sure he's ok. I climb out of the car, knowing that a deadly expression stays in my eyes. I take a step towards Nash, but Hayes steps in front of me. He puts a hand to my chest and lightly pushes me backward. 

"What happened?" He asks. As I recall everything that just went down, all my anger resurfaces. I push Hayes out of my way and tackle Nash to the ground.

***Nash's P.O.V.***

I see an angry Luke coming my way so I push Emma away not wanting her to get hurt. I brace myself for the upcoming impact. As Luke collides into me, we fall on the ground.

I let him throw punches at me, not making an effort to defend myself. I deserve this. I deserve worse than this. I had no reason to go off on Luke or anyone for that matter. Hayes really does deserve Emma. 

I start seeing black spots. I see Hayes pulling Luke off of me. I feel sudden relief as the weight is lifted off of me. 

I feel Emma patting my face. "Nash, stay awake. Nash, don't black out on me here!" I try my best to keep my eyes open but i finally give in.

I wake up gasping for air. I look around me frantically. What just happened? I tap Hayes to wake him up. "What do you want?" He says groggily and annoyed. "How long have I been out for?" I ask him bewildered at the fact he's not shocked I'm awake. "What the hell are you talking about?" He asks. "Luke punched me repeatedly, remember?" I say. "Nash, shut up and go back to sleep. We all fell asleep like 30 minutes after we left the Thompson's house."

I sit back in my seat. I say nothing. Was that all really a dream? It couldn't have been. It all felt so real. I swear it was. I swear I did all that! 

I sit there with my mouth open, trying to process everything. Does this mean that Emma, Luke, and Hayes don't hate me?

A/N

Sooooo do you guys think it was a dream? Or is it Hayes trying to mess with Nash.... Stay tuned...

OH by the way. I decided to stop posting parts that are just author's notes. I realize that that's probably really annoying.

Oh and if you're saying no this wasnt a dream because it had Luke and Emma's points of view, how do you know that nash wasnt dreaming in their perspective?? haha i guess you'll never know... until next time of course

and i would just like to apologize for the cursing....

Anywaysss I hope you liked it! I should start posting more frequently huh? 

~selena