Pick A Path To Find Yourself

I'm not so sure what I'm doing anymore. I mean, I know that I want to be who I am and be able to express that to other people, but I don't know how to do this.

I'm kinda lost.

I know that in life, we're going to get lost and not know what to do, where to go, as well as many other things. The problem is....I am required to understand what path I'm going to put myself on, and yet I can't. There are so many paths in front of me; so many choices and I don't know what to pick. There are individuals pushing me forward, beckoning me to make a decision. I just...I don't know what to do. There are so many things I want to grasp onto and never let go, so many dreams that I want to come true, but for some reason, life keeps telling me to pick one.

Just one.

How on Earth can I only pick just one?

Maybe that's just how life has to be. Maybe life was meant to be so difficult because this one choice can change everything. And, maybe I'm not the brightest kid. Maybe I've tripped over nothing a few too many times. Maybe I've changed my route too often.

Maybe....just maybe....I've made myself lost.

Maybe I've gotten myself tangled up in too many ideas of what I want my life to be that it seems like I can't get out, that I can't choose only one.

And I know I can't.

That's why I'm not only choosing just one.

You see, in life, we have millions of options, however, it was never set in stone that we can only be one thing. We are taught to express ourselves through the many things we enjoy, and honestly, one just doesn't settle the craving of becoming who we are. We are made up of many characteristics, many passions, many ideas; how can we only choose one when we are made of many?

So, I'm not choosing one path.

I'm going to explore all the ones that I want.

Because there are no limits on finding yourself.

Literally just mumbo-jumbo that oozed out of my noggin, but definitely thoughts I've had for a really long time. Now that I'm doing a million things that are difficult for me to understand (like future thinking), I've realized that I can be many things. I don't just have to be one. And honestly, it's taken some of the pressure of adulthood off. Maybe these words will help you out too.

-Jess