Chapter 1

How we met

I am at the courtyard's bench and reading a book, while waiting for my bestfriend Sophie to arrive. 10 minutes na lang ang natitira at mag start na ang klase. I pick up my phone and texted her at talaga namang hindi siya nag reply ha? I just sighed. Siguro late na namang nagising lagi kasing nagpupuyat kakapanuod ng K-drama. I looked at my watch only 5 minutes left, I gathered my things and stood up. I've decided that I'll just wait for her at our room. Inayos ko muna yung green kong dress bago maglakad.

As I walked along the hallway, someone caught my attention. There he is standing proud with the other guys and girls, from his chinky eyes, thick eyebrows, semi-pointed nose, clean cut hair and the way he smiles it makes girls swoon over him. I arched a brow as he looked at me, sinikap kong hindi siya pansinin dahil sa tuwing nakikita ko siya, iba yung nararamdaman ko, feeling ko hindi tama. Napahinto ako sa paglalakad ng naramdaman kong may umakbay sa akin, I was about to punch him but only to found myself stopping cause I recognized who it was.

"Ang sungit mo na naman Li, meron ka ba?" he said happily. Parang sobrang saya naman ata nito ngayon?

"Wag mo kong inisin Kim, susuntukin talaga kita." I said irritated

"To naman Jamie. I was just joking. By the way, you're not with Sophie? Where is she?"

"Probably late. Why are you still here? Go back to your friends." I said looking at him. Ngumiti lang siya at bumalik sa mga kaibigan niya at kinausap. I started walking when he called me again.

"Wait lang Li, may lakad ka? Sabay na ako sa iyo." Hindi na ako sumagot at pinagpatuloy na lang ang paglalakad.

I am wearing a navy blue cocktail dress and three inches heels. How I hate parties like this. If it's not for Sophie I wouldn't be here. Mas gusto ko pang magkulong sa kwarto at magbasa ng libro. But I can't say no to her knowing my bestfriend kahit anong ayaw ko, mapipilit at mapipilit niya ako. I looked around and wonder where could she be? I searched and when I finally found Sophie with two guys I immediately approached her.

"Jamie! I'm glad you came. You looked very pretty!" She said while hugging me. I stared at her for a second, she's the one who looked very pretty, she's wearing an off shoulder pink gown, and her hair's tied in a messy bun with some flowers on it.

"Of course, you'll be mad at me if I didn't show up. And by the way Happy Birthday my dear bestfriend." I said then chuckled. I noticed the two guys who's just standing right behind Sophie.

"By the way, Jamie, I would like you to meet my boyfriend JM. And Love this is my Bestfriend Jamie." She said happily,shocked is an understatement compared to what I'm feeling right now, she's just sixteen for pete's sake. She just looked at me with those puppy eyes of her. I just sighed. May magagawa pa ba ako? Sinagot niya na e. I scanned the guy from head to toe, he looks decent, except for his earrings sa right side ng tenga niya, is that necessary?

"Nice meeting you Jamie." He said smiling and offered his hand for a handshake which I accepted. My attention diverted from him to the other guy he's with. The guy looked like a Korean and something's in his aura that says that he's a playboy.

"Oww, my bad sorry. By the way he's Patrick Kim my friend." Unlike Jm. Patrick's not friendly he just nod at me and I did the same. Hmp! Ang sungit!

The night goes on and I feel a little awkward, paano ba naman ang sweet ng bestfriend ko at ng boyfriend niya habang ako at si Patrick ay tahimik lang. I can't even start a conversation with him.

"We'll leave the both of you first. Puntahan lang namin si Mama. Pat, ikaw munang bahala sa bestfriend ko ha?" and before I can even protest she already left with Jm. I looked at the guy in front of me only to found out that he's looking at me too. I shooked my head i felt embarrassed without any reason. I just heard him chuckled

"Is there anything funny?" I asked irritated

"Yeah, you." It's the first time I heard him speak.

"Whatever." I said then silenced followed afterwards. None of us spoke.

"Sorry about earlier. I can't helped it you looked cute." I felt my cheeks burning, I can't even utter a word because of what he said.

"By the way, I'd like to introduce myself to you properly. My name is Patrick Kim, It's my pleasure to meet you." He said smiling then offered his hand.

"And my name is Jamie Li, it's a pleasure to meet you too." I said then accepted his hand.

It's been two years since that day, and I never thought that we could be friends. I was back to my senses when I heard Sophie shouting my name.

"Jamie! Ba't hindi mo ako hinintay? O, Hi Pat!" she said while pouting.

"Your'e almost late Sophie." I said seriously

"Intindihin mo na lang yung kaibigan mo. Kanina pa iyan masungit e," inirapan ko na lang siya, ano ba talagang meron at napaka playful niya ngayon?

"Wow, nagsalita ang hindi masungit." I said sarcastically and they both laughed. I just sighed.

"That was even before we bacame friends Li, Sophie knew that I'm not." My bestfriend just nodded at his statement while smiling evily.

"Oo na, nagkampi na kayo e. Ano pang laban ko? Bahala na nga kayo jan, papasok na ako sa room."

When I left them I finally found my self at ease. My heart keeps on pounding real fast and I know that it's not good. I have to stop this feeling as long as I can.