Thirty

Thirty

EPILOGUE

"I'M SORRY FOR EVERYTHING; I MISSED HIM SO MUCH."

The note was small but it was his. So was the funeral; only family and close friends were invited, not everyone who knew the family.

The middle aged woman walked up to the casket, crying over her already tear stained cheeks, so did her husband. They walked hand in hand and threw a handful of dirt down on to it.

The boy's siblings were crying too, and so were most of his friends.

The woman broke down and walked back into the crowd, repeatedly telling her that she'll be okay.

Then another boy walked up to the coffin. He had fluffy black hair and wide eyes. He took a handful and dirt and threw it onto the casket. "I should've stayed with you. I shouldn't have gone with Dallon. I shouldn't have left you alone." He whispered.

Was it his fault? Was it really his fault? If he hadn't come over, would Tyler still be alive? If he didn't try to barge into Tyler's life, would he still be alive?

Brendon knew Tyler was going through a rough time coping with Josh's death, but he didn't know that he'd kill himself over it.

His dad found his body, wondering why Tyler was taking so long and why the water was soaking through under the door.

His dad opened the door, running to the bathtub after a second of not understanding what was happening.

"Tyler? Tyler, wake up!" He had shouted but he was late.

His dad wished he hadn't spent so much time at work instead of being home and comforting Tyler.

His mom was hoping that the whole thing was a nightmare and hated herself for not trying to help him.

His closest friends wished he had spent more valuable time with him.

And the boy with red hair in the back of the crowd, was wearing all white clothing.

No one knew who he was, no one saw him or paid any attention to him.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Tyler." He whispered and turned to face the fluffy haired brown boy who's funeral this was.

"Don't be. I'm just happy I'm with you." He replied. He was wearing the same white clothing.

"Me too." The red haired boy said and pecked him on the lips, letting them linger for a second or two.

They held each other's hands and slowly walked away into oblivion and the inevitable.

Their battle scars didn't show anymore.

And neither did they.

But they were both happy, and it was always supposed to be just the two of them.

Forever.