Chapter 5

I walked back into the kitchen and told Riker what Rydel had told me.

"Are you going over too?" he looked concered.

"Why not?" I shrugged and looked at the ground not meeting his eyes. Honestly, being around Riker was overwhelming enough. I was still trying to figure him out and to find out what kind of relationship we had/have. I still wasn't comfortable around him, but I felt like I could be myself with him. It was confusing in all honest. My body knew him but my mind didn't. It was like I was to different people.

"You're uncomfortable." he said as a statement, not a question.

"No, it's just weird having people tell me what I was like." it was somewhat true.

"You asked me to tell you." Riker said defendsively.

"I know, I trust you." What am I saying? I felt the pinch in my head as a memory was coming. I grasped the kitchen counter and braced.

MEMORY

I was 14. Riker had convinced me to go swimming with him. Only problem was, I couldn't swim. I knocked on the door, my dad had dropped me off. Riker opened the door. "Hey." I said.

"My parents took the others to the park. So we have to whole house and pool to ourselves."

"I - I can't swim." I blurted out. It was embarassing. I felt heat rush up to my cheeks and I looked down. I waited for him to laugh at me.

"I know. That's why I want to teach you." I looked up at him dumbfounded.

"Why? It'll just be a waste of time."

"So, in case something happens and I'm not there, at least you can swim."

"I still don't think this is a good idea."

"Riley, do you trust me?"

"Yes, but-"

"You know I would never do anything to hurt you."

"Yes-"

"You know I would never let you get hurt."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

We got changed and went outside. I was so scared. Riker wet his hair, then jumped into the pool on the deep side. He popped back up and looked at me.

"Jump in." he said to me.

"Are you crazy? I can't swim remember?"

"I'll catch you."

"Riker-"

"Don't argue, just do it."

"Promise you'll catch me."

"Promise."

"Don't let me drown."

"I won't."

I took a deep breath and jumped in, I began to panic. I was out of air and I didn't know which way the surface was. I felt something wrap around me pulling me up. I hit the surface and took a deep breath.

"Move your legs." Riker said, I did.

I had my one hand on his shoulder the other moving in the water. He still had one had around my waist the other keeping himself afloat.

"Try staying upright by yourself. Just move your legs and arms and keep your head up."

"Okay."

He let go and moved a few feet away. I tried three times till I finally got the hang of it.

"You're doing great! Now try moving around."

"How?"

"Move onto your stomach or back, let your body float. Then kick your feet and move your arms."

"I'll try."

I let go of him and sort of kept myself floating as I kicked my feet.

We've been out here for hours practicing by the time we decided it was time to go in. Riker got out first and gave me a hand up. He wrapped his arm around me as we walked inside.

"So what do you want to do now?" I asked looking up at him, I've always been shorter than him.

"We could watch a movie?"

"Sure, which one?"

"A scary one?"

"No, I don't like them."

"Why."

"Because, you and Rocky always try to scare me."

"I promise I won't."

"Can we watch The Lion King?"

"Sure, let's go get changed first."

I went into Rydel's room and changed back into my clothes I was wearing eariler and I brushed out my hair.

I went back downstairs and found Riker already in the living room with the movie starting. I sat down beside and laid down, my head resting in his lap. I stayed up to the part where Mufusa died, I could feel Riker playing with my hair, then I fell asleep.

END

I was laying on the couch, Riker was pacing in front of it. I sat up slowly and carefully, my head was killing me.

"Riker?" I call out, my voice tired.

"You're alright!" he hugged me, pretty tight too.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You passed at 45 minutes ago. I had to call Rydel and tell her we'd be late."

"I was out for 45 minutes?" I put a hand to my head.

"Yeah, what happened." he sat down beside me.

"I had a memory. You were teaching me how to swim, them we watched a movie."

He smiled, "I remember that day. You wouldn't talk to me the next day. Then Rocky and Ratliff threw you into the pool, told you knowing how to swim would come in handy."

"And then I pushed you into the pool." I said randomly.

"Yeah and my hair was lime green because I didn't wet it first. You remember that?"

"Yeah I do, somethings I still remember. Most of it I don't."

"No crazy blackouts either."

"Yes, and it was more like trying to stay afloat. You still had to get me out." I said laughing. This was an improvement.

"You still wanna go over?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think I can handle four other people."

"My parents too."

"I still wanna go."

"Okay. Do you want to walk over?"

"Yeah, it's just down the road."

We got our jackets and shoes on and left.

I had a bad feeling about this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think. I shall be updating this story even Tuesday. And I'm starting a Ross Lynch one. I'll have the first part up Thursday. The Parting Glass comes out on March 1st!!!!

Since I have many stories I decided to make a secdule of when they will be updated.

As follows:

Today- Everything Has Changed (Riker)

Tomorrow- That Drummer Boy, Ellington Ratliff (Ratliff)

Thursday- *NEW* Between The Lines (Ross Lynch)

Saturday -*COMING SOON* The Parting Glass (Rocky, Book 2)

-Riley