Chapter 5

Leonard slowly wakes with his eyes still shut, with the feeling of being in an unfamiliar place.

The cotton he was lying on top of felt rough and scratchy under his touch. By the way his back and neck felt he can tell he was on a makeshift cot. He could hear and feel there was giant window of some kind, letting in breeze meaning that he had to be in a large room. It smelled sour, as if he was in an old building. He can also hear faint small footsteps off to the side.

Leonard shifted on top of the cot a little and quickly realized a strong stinging pain shooting up his abdomen.

He quickly sat up and hissed in pain.

He looked down and discovered he was shirtless with a white gauze on his side stained red, more than likely from the bullet wound.

Bullet wound.

He was shot.

By that disgusting pig that tried to attack Shawna.

He remembers being shot.

And than collapsing.

And than...

"Len!"

No. No. No.

Sara's gone.

It must've been the lack of blood he was receiving.

He tried to roll off the cot, but fell to the floor.

"Fuck." He groaned.

His arms strained to lift himself up off the floor, he had to use the cot as leverage.

A girl that looked to be about in her teens ran, but kept her distance.

Her short black hair was spiked up. She had on a black leather jacket open with a white tank top underneath. She wore black pants with black combat boots.

"Woah, watch out man." She said slowly getting closer. "I just cleaned these floors. I don't want your blood all over them again."

"Who the hell are you?" He glared, look up at her.

"I'm Sin, don't bother telling me your name. I already know it. Nice to meet ya." Sin stuck her hand out towards him, but he just continued to glare at her. "Geez, and I thought her look can kill." She retracted her hand.

"Her?" He began to stand again.

Leather Lady.

"You know, the woman that can kick your ass till next Tuesday." Sin added. "The Canary."

Leonard quickly looked up in disbelief at the teen.

Canary.

"Len!"

The deep blue eyes.

"Sa-"

"Don't answer anymore of his questions."

Leonard quickly looked up and saw her sitting on some bars. And of course she was fully decked in her leather suit.

"Where am I?"

"In the old clock tower," She said as she swung gracefully off the bar and landed perfectly on the floor. "On the corner of 5th and Boiten."

Leonard raised his eyebrows in shock that she actually told him.

"Sin," She turned to her. " Can you go get some more supplies?"

"Sure thing, boss." Sin made finger guns and turned to leave the building.