fourteen

i changed my clothes into a comfortable one and ready to sleep when suddenly i heard the door was opened by someone.

"where did you go?" i asked yugyeom who just got back from god knows where.

"i just went out to get some fresh air, like you did," he said as he walked straight to his bed. "anyway how was it? did you get her dad's permission?"

my smile that appeared earlier immediately faded away. yes i got the permission, but the problem was her brother. he's a nice person but i was afraid that my friends wouldn't agree if a stranger join them.

"yes, but there's something i need to talk to you," i said as i sat on my bed, facing him.

"what is it?"

"i've got eunha's dad's permission for her to join the trip. but the thing is... her brother must come along as well."

"w-what? why?"

"her father is a really strict person, man,"

"you need to tell hoseok hyung about this," yugyeom said, feeling uneasy.

on the next day, i went to the dance department's building to find hoseok. i found him at the practice room and i entered rightaway.

"hyung!"

he turned around and saw me. he immediately turned off the music then i walked towards him.

"about the trip, eunha could join us," i paused for a moment, "but there's a problem."

his face turned flat suddenly.

"her brother must come along," i said with eyes shut and waiting for hoseok's anger to come but strangely it didn't.

"good then," he said.

i confused. wasn't he suppose to angry at me? he was the type of people who hates stranger to intervene his business.

"i will bring my older sister along," he said calmly.

my mouth left opened, never thought that he would invite someone we didn't know. even if we already know each other for more that a year, we never saw his older sister because he won't one of us to have a romantic relationship with her.

"o-okay... i thought you'll get mad at me."

"why should i mad at you?"

"because her bro-"

"it's fine."

and with that, a burden was gone and i felt relieved. i went back to my class with a good mood. on the way there, i bumped into someone familiar, and it was taeyong.

"uhm sorry hyung!"

"no it's alright," he said then left immediately.

i continued to walk towards my class. i found eunha on her desk, reading a novel really focused. she always ignoring me when she read a book. then suddenly i got an idea to get her attention.

i walked quietly towards her--well, our desk. she didn't notice my presence as she was too engrossed in that damn book.

"hello eunha-ssi, i'm kookie monster! if you ignoring me, i'll eat your book!" i said, mimicking the sound of a (not so) scary cartoon figure.

she finally averted her gaze to me, who crouched down in front of her desk. i peeked to her as i hid behind the desk.

"wha- kookie what are you doing?" she said, seemed confused.

"trying to get your attention jagiya."

she laughed adorably then told me to sit on my chair. i did it quickly and pulled her closer.