twenty five

the dinner was quite awkward as jungkook felt a stare piercing towards him. maybe it was a bad decision to join eunha's family, since he couldn't eat comfortably. even though grandma already warned mr jung to eat his food, but his gaze still glued on jungkook.

"appa, why don't you eat?" eunha asked, made him finally averted his gaze towards his daughter.

"i'm not hungry." he smiled as he answered but immediately turned into a frown as he saw jungkook smiling at eunha.

grandma witnessed it and she just shook her head. she thought her son was too protective towards eunha. she's already old enough to have a boyfriend, isn't she? and based on her opinion, jungkook was a really nice guy. she just loved everything about him, especially the way he treats eunha.

"yah, why are you like that?" grandma whispered to her son.

"i just won't anyone took my daughter away from me. i won't lose the only woman in my life, eomma." he sighed hardly then left the dining room.

jungkook looked at mr jung in confusion and regretting his decision to join the dinner. he continued his meals uncomfortably and the latter did the same, also confused as jungkook.

after they finished the dinner, jungkook helped eunha to bring the dirty plates to the kitchen and put on a glass lid over mr jung's untouched meals.

he was ready to leave when suddenly mr jung called him.

"so you're dating my daughter, again?" mr jung asked while crossed his arms in front of his chest. if gaze could kill, jungkook might be dead by now. he was hesitating to answer, because he also didn't know what they were.

"it's not like that, mr jung. i'm just her friend and that's it. we're not in a relationship, so i hope you won't get mad at me.." jungkook said, unaware to eunha's presence that accidentally eavesdropping on his conversation with her father.

she turned around and without her realizing, tears started formed in her eyes and before it could came out, she already ran towards the bathroom. luckily grandma was already in her room so she wouldn't see eunha crying.

"that's good then. i'll accept you as eunha's friend only."

after the nerve-wrecking conversation, jungkook was driving his car to his parents' house where his friends stay. he felt guilty after seeing eunha's swollen eyes as if she just cried but he didn't dare to ask why because mr jung was also there.

he tried to call eunha but to no avail, then he decided to text her while the traffic lights still red. after he tapped the send button, he put the phone on the dashboard but unaware to the honking sound from a truck afar, headlights piercing towards his gaze until he couldn't see well because of the bright light. and the next thing he knew, his sight was turned pitch black.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"is there a patient with name jeon jungkook here?!" mrs jeon asked the administrator impatiently. she was in a rage after hearing the news that his precious son got into an accident. she was protecting him since a child as if he's made from glass but now that glass already broke.

"yeah and he's in room number 901." she said then mrs jeon quickly made her way towards there along with her husband.

"keep calm, honey. you might make him hurts even more if he sees you in this state." mr jeon tried to calming his wife, but mrs jeon kept crying unstoppably.