Truth or dare

6 months later

It happened a lot in this six months. I'm an intern now, in Sibley Memorial Hospital. I had no dates since William. We somehow got closer, Arizona and I. In the meantime it also became more difficult to speak to her.

We, the interns, are invited on a party from the hospital. I'm not that kind of person who likes to go on party's but this one is from the hospital. Everyone is going there and I should too.

"Hey Mel I'm going now"

"Have fun!" she replied.

Mel, Melissa... She is my roommate and my best friend since kindergarden. It was a funny story how me met.

~~~~~~

I was 3 years old. We were on the playground near the kindergarden. I immediately ran to the swings... Oh God how I loved it to jump from the swing, no matter if I felt sick because I landed on my stomach or if I strained my wrist. That didn't scared me off to do it again and again. Well, Mel came to me and sat right next to me on the other one where a boy sat before. She kind of banished him. A few minutes later we jumped from it together. She did a nice bellyflop.

"Are you okay?" I asked while I was laughing.

"Yeah everything's okay. I'm Melissa by the way"

"I'm Mary. Do you wanna be my friend?"

"Okay" she said. Since that day we often met each other.

~~~~~~

No matter if we were not in the same Highschool we found each other every time. Mel was the first person I told about my sexuality and about Arizona. She gave me a lot of advice. Mel said I should tell her about my feelings but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. There is more on the line than getting rejected, it's our friendship. That's the reason why I am so scared to tell her. What if it gets wierd after I confess?! What if our friendship won't survive that?! I think everyone can understand that.

I arrived at the Party. The entrance was beautiful decorated with garlands in spring colours. They play good music and the lights are amazing. I'm wearing a grass green strapless dress. Well... It doesn't smell like it, that would be weird. Most of my colleagues are here. I see my group, right infront of the DJ. We are five people in this group and there is just one senior physician who teach us.

"Hey girls" I said and went to them.

"Hey Mary, you came" they said with surprise in their voices.

"Yeah, I almost didn't but Mel said I should go to have fun".

"Mel? Is she a friend of yours?"

"Yeah she is. We know each other since kindergarden. It's a funny story"

"Do tell" they said curiously. After I told them the story, they laughed.

"Hahaha that's funny. And she really banished him just to talk to you?"

"She did. Um... I'm gonna get a drink. Do you want something I should bring?"

"No thanks" they said.

I went to the bar. There was a cute bartender. I ordered an Amaretto Flirt.

"You came" someone said right next to me. It was Arizona. My heart beats faster and my head's empty.

"Yeah I did. Mel said I should come to have fun" I said nervously. It was like how we first met. In a bar, ordering drinks after a hard day. I remembered when she looked at me with these beautiful blue eyes.

~~~~~~

It was in New York. We met in a bar where I ordered a drink and a donut. It was after a hard day of work. We learned how to excise a tumour. Not a real one but a piece of a towel the surgeons put in the dummy. It looked like a real tumour. That was pretty difficult but it worked. My patient didn't die. The door from the bar opened and there she walks in, an unknown woman. She's wearing jeans and a shirt with a nice jacket. She sat right next to me and ordered a drink.