Emotional chaos

>> I arrived at the hospital. I didn't lock my bike, I just threw it on the ground. I walked towards the reception. When I wanted to ask the front desk woman about Mary, someone tapped my shoulder. <<

Mel's pov

At first I didn't react. There are more important things I have to think about. I have no time for other people problems or something else they want from me. That someone tapped my shoulder again.

"What?!" I said annoyed. It was Nate. He's an old friend from school.

"Nate, hi. It's nice to see you but I'm in a hurry. We talk later okay?"

"Yeah sure" he said confused. I turned my head back to the front desk woman.

"I'm looking for Mary Woodcroft. Can you tell me where I can find her" I tried not to cry. It was hard not to.

"Are you someone from the family?" she said.

"Yes I'm her sister" I lied. I know how it works. Only relatives get information about the patient. Friends, no matter how close they are, are not part of the family in hospitals if it's about the confidentiality. That sucks!

"You can find her in room 256" she said and I ran to the elevator.

"Oh... Come on" I whispered. Finally! I almost jumped inside.
>The second floor...< I pushed the bottom. The elevator arrived. I ran out of it.

"256... 256... 256..." I stopped. My heart stopps beating for a second. I couldn't believe it. On the way to the hospital, I hoped that the woman who's got seriously injured... That... that she's not Mary. But there she lays. A tube in her mouth, connected to machines and the casts all over her right side. Her face... The lacerations in her face. My legs begin to shake. They become weak. I'm feeling a little dizzy.

"Miss are you okay?" A nurse catches me before I fell to the ground. She leads me to a chair next to Mary's room to sit.

"Yeah I'm just feeling a little bit dizzy. Can I have some water, please?" I asked, stuttering. The nurse nods. She went to a water cooler.

"Thank you" I took a drink of water while she stayed with me.

"Are you feeling better now?" She asked.

"Yeah thank you"

"It's my job" the nurse smiles and leaves. I tried to stand up slowly, walking to Mary's room. I opened the door. There already was someone in there, by Mary's side holding her hand.

"I can't lose you. You're the most important person in my life... I..." I heard the woman cry. The blond woman turns her head to me when she herad the door opening. She stopped talking in that moment. Her eyes are red and wet. She cried a lot. The blond wipes her tears away as soon as she saw me.

"How is she doing?" I asked. My voice cracked a little.

"She has a lot of fractures, injurys, bruises and abrasions. She had luck that she survived this crash. Mary's in a coma now" Arizona said with a crack in her voice.

"Omg..." I hold a hand in front of my mouth. Tears are falling down my face. I went to the chair next to Mary.

"I should've go with her. I shouldn't have..." more and more tears are falling. I put my face in to my arms which are folded on the bed. Arizona goes around the bed and pulls me into a hug.

"It's okay. You can't blame yourself for what happened. It's not your fault" she said while rubbing my back, trying to be strong but I feel tears on my shoulder. We were like that for a few minutes until I calmed down.
"But what happened?" I pulled myself out of that hug.