Say something...

Arizona pov

Two weeks since these accident happened. Two weeks since Mary's in a coma. It's suffocating Even for me, for a doc. It takes time for a body to recover from injuries. But the person in this room, in this bed connected to the machines She's not just a random patient. She's everything to me. I almost lost my job because of me not being concentrated enough. Chief already suggested to take some days off but I didn't want to. I couldn't. I would get stir crazy if I would stay at home. Most of the time I'm thinking about work but there is always a little part in my brain which thinks about Mary and that's why I'm not concentrated. I hope she wakes up soon. 

"Arizona? - Arizona!?" Someone calls my name. I turned my head to face that person. There is a man in his mid twenties, dark brown hair, an intern?! 

"Ryan?!" 

"Are you okay? You seem a little bit distracted" A calming smile appears on his lips. 

"Well, it's just... it hurts seeing her like that" My heart becomes heavy, unbelievably heavy like something is lying on my chest. Tears falling down my face, again...

"Hey it's okay" Wrapping his arms around me.

"I miss her too. I don't know if Mary told you but she saved my life. She's a big part of it since then and I will never forget what she did for me. She's a hero of her own league"

"Yeah she is" A little smile appears on my lips. "She didn't tell me. Well, last year she mentioned something about a boy when she was 16 but didn't say his name or what happened" Ryan looks at me, surprised.

"Oh... I thought she told you" 

 *Beep* *Beep*

"I have to go" he turned his head towards me before he wanted to go "Don't let the fear and worry control you. She'll wake up. Do not forget that Mary is one of the strongest woman you and I know" 

"I won't. Thank you Ryan" 

I stood there for a few minutes. He's right but it's hard not to think about her in this condition. I walked down to the reception to look at some patients files. There's nothing to do right now

Mary's room 

Sitting next to her bed... it's weird. I don't really know what to feel right now. I'm glad she's alive but sad in the same time and the thing with her mum, it's strange. What happened between them? What could make her mum so upset that she couldn't tell me on the phone?

My eyes widened. >Oh no, she didn't!< Why would she tell them? She never wanted to. While holding Mary's hand I winced. 

"Mary?" I say. Mary slowly opens her eyes. "Hey. How are you?"

"Where am I?"

"You're at the hospital. You had a car accident" 

"What?!" She tries to sit up straight but groans with pain.

"Slow down! You have severe injuries. Try not to move so much" 

"Maybe you are right" She smiled. 

"Do you remember what happened?" I am a little scared of the answer.

"Not everything. It's all hazy. I do know that I drove to my parents to talk to them and then... there were these lights, maybe the hospital. I don't remember the accident, sorry" 

"It's okay. You are alive and that's all what matters right now" Mary smiles. 

"Well... I'm glad I didn't die" 

"Me too"

"Arizona? Where are my parents?" 

"They didn't come. I'm sorry" She could tell. A tear is rolling down her cheak.

"It's okay. I didn't expect it after their reaction to my coming out" 

"That explains why your mum was so weird on the phone... but I thought you never wanted to tell them. What changed?" 

Mary said nothing. She wasn't sure if it's the right time to tell Arizona... to tell her how she really feels.

>It doesn't really matter if it's the right time now. If I did die in this accident, she would never know how I really feel about her. Just do it!< she thought.

"The reason... why I came out... to my parents is... it's..." her heart beats faster and faster. Her cheeks are red.

"You can tell me"

"It's... it's y... it's you Arizona" she stumbles. I said nothing.

"I'm in love with you since you were with April" she waited for an answer, "say something... please" another minute past by.

"I... I don't know what to say right now" I smiled and I couldn't stop.

"Do you feel the same way?" Her face becomes red. It's cute. She's afraid of the answer, I can tell.

"You are afraid of the answer, right?!"

"Yeah I am but could you just answer my question... otherwise I'm gonna die of embarrassment" I smiled weakly.

"Yes" I said finally.

"What?!"

"My answer to your question. Yes... I feel the same way you do" We both smiled at each other.

I touched her left side of her face with my hand. I leaned forward. Still looking into Mary's eyes. Into these beautiful brown eyes. Our faces are just inches apart from each other. A last look into the others eyes and our lips finally met. The kiss was passioned and soft.

After a few minutes a doctor comes into the room. It was the chief.

"Oh, Ms. Woodcroft, you are awake. That's great, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"It hurts a little but I guess I'm fine" She said, smiling. Mary's holding my hand. Chief noticed it but he didn't said anything. He just smiled.

"That's good. I wasn't expecting something different", he smiled, "Well, the surgery went well besides a complication while pulling out the glass splinter. It was stuck in a bigger bloodvessel but we were capable of taking control of the bleeding. You should be recovered within the next two months but we would like to keep you here for observation"

"Okay" She was looking at me and I just smiled. Ryan told me about the surgery and that everything went well. But I'm still so happy Mary is fine that she's alive. I didn't know what I would do if she died. She would not know how I feel about her but now she does and that great. The chief went out of the room. We are still holding hands.

~~~

It was hard to write the chapter cause I hadn't much time or power to write it. Either it was school, work, football or a writers block 😊

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Tips or opinions on the story, please let me know them in the comments. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter 😄😄😄