3 years later

It's a sunny day in Washington. Arizona, our two year old daughter Charlie and I decided to go to the park. "Charlie watch out before you hurt yourself" I said and ran after her. Her little legs are not fast enough so I caught her. Holding the little girl in my arms and seeing her laughing is everything. Charlies dark blond hair is a mess. The wind is blowing a little.

"Mommy we go to playground?"

"Sure sweetie" I turned my head toward Arizona. "Babe, could you go with Charlie. I got to make a call" She looked at me, understanding.

"Of course" placing a kiss on her lips. I dialed my mother's number, taking a deep, deep breath. Don't know if I come through at all. Luckily I do.

"Hey mum"

"Mary?! Hey, how are you doing?"

"Great. Um so about dinner tonight. You are coming, right?"

"Sure, sweetheart. We didn't see each other for a long time. And of course I wanna meet my little granddaughter" You could hear the happiness in her voice. While talking with my mother I keep looking at Arizona and our little girl. Seeing both of them happy, makes me smile. It always remembers me how close it was in the car accident four years ago. Now I'm... we are living our life like theirs no tomorrow. Even if my mum and I didn't get along that well like years ago before I came out, we are talking It's a little bit awkward but it's a start. She still doesn't really accept me for who I am but since the accident she realized that I am still her daughter and it would be a shame for her to let me go. She wouldn't forgive herself if I had died then.

"Mum I have to hang up. We are going to the zoo with Charlie. She is so excited to see all the animals"

"I'm sure she is. Don't forget to take pictures okay?!"

"Okay" I smiled.

"Well... we see us at dinner tonight. Have fun, Mary"

"Thanks mum, bye" I hung up.

A few minutes later I went to the other two.

"Hey you two" I said while looking at Arizona smiling.

"Mommy look what I found" Charlie is holding a weird looking leaf. "Looks like mama" When I looked closer it really kind of look like Arizona. We all laughed. I kissed Charlies forehead.

"You okay, hun?"

"Yeah, it's just weird to talk with my mum again after all what happened. But we are slowly getting along together"

"I'm happy to hear it and I am excited to meet your mum" She smiled and kissed my lips again.

"Me too.", looking at each other, "so... who is excited to go to the zoo?!"

"Charlie!!" She screams. Charlie is smiling from ear to ear.

"Come on, let's go"

Charlie was so happy to stroke the little goats which are running in the little children's zoo. We passed the lions and Charlie was so afraid that she started to cry. It took a while to calm her down but luckily only a few minutes. When we took a break we ate some ice cream. And of course Charlie spilled some on her shirt. It was 5 o'clock when we left the zoo. Once we arrived at home, Arizona and I prepared everything for dinner. It already was 7 o'clock. We dressed up. The door bell rang. My mum was here. Arizona was so nervous that I calmed her down. The dinner went well. My mum was so happy to see Charlie and the other way around. Charlie got a little plushie from her. Mum surprisingly accepted Arizona. When we went all towards the door, my mum said that we should be happy to have each other cause we are both strong women. She left. It was a hard day. It didn't take me a minute to fall asleep.

~~~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Tips or opinions on the story, please let me know them in the comments. Thank you for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter 😄😄😄