Chapter 6

Amanda's POV

"Bakit ngayon ka lang Ty?" I whispered while helping him fix his hair and Polo.

Kakarating lang niya at kanina pa naghihintay ang both parents namin.

"I'm sorry. Traffic." He just said and pulled me inside the house to the dining.

"Oh finally..." My dad said while chuckling when he saw us.

"I'm sorry. I was stuck in a traffic." He nervously said and pulled a chair for us both.

"Where have you been Tyler?" His dad asked.

I can feel the anger in his voice. Everyone is silent. I do not know if they are waiting for Tyler's answer too or they can feel the tension.

Robert Davids is really strict when it comes to time management. Especially to Tyler. He is a very fine but strict and terror man.

"I... I was in the office." Tyler answered with his head bowed down.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" His dad asked sarcastically. "I know you went out early. So tell me... where the hell did you go?"

His tone was calm... but dangerous.

Tyler remained silent. But I know there is a voice that wanted to be heard in him.

I held his hand and gently massaged it. He glanced at me before holding my hand too.

"Can we uh..." My father interrupted. "Can we just eat, Robert? The foods is in front of us."

"That's a good idea Hector. Let's just eat. It's none sense to talk to someone worthless." He answered bitterly before picking up some dishes.

I felt Tyler's grip on my hand so I scooped near him and caressed his shoulder.

"I'm here Tyler. What do you want to eat?" I sweetly asked him.

He sighed. "Vegetables. Just put vegetables on my plate-"

"Mabuti at matiyaga ka sa anak ko, Megan."

We all looked at Mr. Robert when he said those with an unpleasant tone while grinning.

"You know, with an idiot like that boy, I don't think you will be able to understand him every time." He added and laughed.

He was laughing all along and alone like it was nothing. Wala namang makapag salita dahil kilala namin siya. His words are more than dozen knives when they strike. And he does not care who hears it.

"Excuse me." Tyler stood up and about to go but his dad again spoke.

"No you are not excused. You will eat here with us."

"Darling-" Tyler's mom us about to say something but his dad cut her off.

"You are not defending him."

"Oh Uhm... please let's eat." Mom said and motioned me to pull Tyler down.

"Tyler sit down. Kain na tayo." I gently said to him and smiled.

He did sit down but I know he is not in a good mood. Well who would?

"How was your life as married couples now?" My dad asked.

I breathed. "We're... we're happy dad."

"I'm lucky to have your daughter." Tyler said too.

I wanted to smile but I know he just said it because we are in front of our both parents.

"Yeah. You should have a great married life. Puro palpak ka, baka sakali namang hindi sa pag-aasawa." His dad again said.

"Robert tumahimik kana. Kanina mo pa ipinapahiya ang anak mo." Dad firmly said.

"He is my son Hector. Don't tell me the things I should do."

"He's also my son now since he married my daughter, Robert. I hope it's clear to you that you should at least tell him those words privately."

They stared at each other's faces and the wives felt the tension and so are we.

Mr. Robert smirked. "Sure Hector. Let's continue eating. The burrito is just so good."

They put their attention back on their foods so I got the chance to look at Tyler and found him staring at the fork that he's gripping.

I continue massaging his hand. "Tyler calm yourself. I will get you foods." I gently said to him and pulled my hand from his grip as I scoop some salad to put on his plate.

"By the way Tyler and Amanda, when will you give us a grandchild?" Daddy asked.

And that question made my hand froze from putting down the serving spoon of the salad.

Tyler cleared his throat. "Very soon sir- dad. Very soon. If it's okay to my wife."

I flinched a bit when I felt his arm around my shoulder down to my arm.

I let go of the spoon and leaned back to the chair. "Yes dad. Of course. It's my responsibility to give Tyler a child."

"I'm never wrong of pointing you as the wife of that boy, Amanda. What a lovely child." Tyler's father said with a sincere smile.

I smiled back at them. "Thank you."

I looked at Tyler but I immediately looked away when I saw him staring at me.

"She's really a lovely woman."

- - - - - -

I put on my robe before stepping out of the bathroom. I was surprised to see Tyler sitting on the edge of the bed and like having a deep thought.

"Tyler..." I called.

He just looked at me for seconds before returning his gaze to the floor.

"Aren't you tired? Matulog kana." I said while combing my hair.

I was actually wishing a while back that he is asleep when I get out of the shower so that I can just sleep too.

It is my first time to be with him in a room.

"That old man never treated me like his son." He suddenly said that made me stop what I am doing. "I was never good in his eyes."

I sat beside him. What should I say? And what should I do?

"I'm listening Tyler." I just said.

I want to know him. I want to know his story.

"He blames me for my mom's death."

"What?" I asked.

What is he talking about?

He smirked. "Mommy Lynn is my dad's second wife."

Oh... I never knew.

I stared at his lips. "I'm sorry Tyler. Can you enlighten me?"

"Mom died after giving me life. And dad blames me. Since I was a little kid I never felt his love. He never carried me when I was a baby. Nor talk to me in a nice way. I do not have a mother already, and he is like that to me." He sighed.

I can feel his pain with every word he says. And it makes me want to cry.

"I never felt to have a dad." He continues. "He married mommy Lynn when I was 6. And somehow I knew the feeling of having a mother. When Ron was born... I was just so jealous."

My heart just broke when I saw a tear rolled down from his eye.

"I saw how he carried him gently. Afraid that he might hurt him. He praises Ron... he disgusts me." And he bowed his head on his hands. "In everything I do I make sure the only ones who love me won't get disappointed." He looked at me. "I'm just so scared not be loved, Amanda. I'm always starving for love. I'm always not whole."

I stood in front of him and pulled him to my chest.

"I here for you Tyler. I'm just here."

- - - ◾️ - - -