chapter nine

(Skip a few months to graduation)

I wake up to my own little alarm clock aka six year old Anna jumping on Val and I. She always does this and on the weekends she isn't here she calls our cells until we wake and answer them.

Val loves to sleep so I usually take her into the kitchen to ‘help’ me cook breakfast until he wakes up. This morning is just like the rest except Val wakes up earlier than normal.

I'm in the kitchen cooking bacon not done with breakfast when arms too big to be Anna’s wrap around my waist. I turn around and slap whoever it was in the face with my spatula.

Once I realize it was Val I start apologizing immediately. “I'm so sorry Val. I didn't know it was you. I'm so sorry.”

All while Val tries to assure me he is fine and me apologizing Anna sits at the table laughing at us. Finally he sits down and I finish breakfast.

I hand everyone their plates when the twins, Christa, and stormy enter through the kitchen door. “Are you ready to graduate?!” They holler.

I roll my eyes and eat while Val hollers back at them. Anna just watches them with wide eyes like usual. They all sit down while I get up to start on the dishes.

Anna brings me her and Val's plate and cups. “Thank you little Anna.” I direct to her and turn to the other girls. “Can y'all take Anna up to her room to put her good dress on while I take a shower?” I ask.

They nod and all go up and I turn to Val, “you take a shower in the downstairs bathroom.” He nods and I head up to take a shower.

When I get in and the hot water hits my back I sigh in relief. These past few months were tough. I'm just glad nothing else had come between me and and Val.

Anna goes to first grade next year while Val and I go to the big college up in town. When we got our acceptance letters there was a huge sigh of relief knowing neither of us had to move for college.

I wash my hair and body then get out. I dry my hair and body before slipping a really gorgeous light blue sundress above my undergarments. Both Anna and I have the same dress but obviously hers is smaller.

I thought of having cute new matching dress so I went and found these. Only Anna and I knew what they looked like. I left my hair as it was to air dry completely while I put my minimal amount of makeup on that I always wear. (Lipstick and mascara.)

After slipping my heels on I head downstairs. As I enter the living room everyone starts whistling or hollering. I blush and say, “stop it you all.” After I said that Val comes up and pulls me into a kiss which I returned back. Everyone else started whooping.

I pull back and blush harder but then yelled, “let's go get our diplomas!” I went out the front door with everyone following me yelling yes. I put Anna in her car seat in Val’s car while gypsy jumps in beside her and then slip in the passenger seat.

Val gets in after us and I tense realizing finally we have to go back to where the prom was held and I start secretly freaking out. I knew my breath was uneven but didn't realize Val could tell until he put his hand on my thigh and told me to breath calmly.

I nod and calm down focusing on his hand that is still on my thigh. We get there and everyone else gets out of their cars while we get out of ours.

We all walk in together like this - val and I holding hands. Anna on Val's other arm and gypsy’s leash on my other hand. Maxwell and Christa behind us and Maddox and stormy behind them.

After we enter we all go to our assigned seats with Anna on my lap and gypsy laying beside me. When they start calling names I stood one hand holding Anna’s and the other with Gypsy’s leash.

We walk up together and I hand Anna the leash to shake the principal's hand and take my diploma. We stand with Val and everyone else until I get called back up for my speech.

I stand at the podium. “Class of 2016, we have all struggled through this last year BUT no one went through what I went through. I was abused up to the beginning of this year when Valentino helped me put my step dad and mother in jail. After that he helped me get custody of anna.” I stop and turn holding my hand out for anna to come and take then continue, “ I was bullied throughout school. Especially when everyone learnt that I had cut. I got an amazing guide dog who helped me with that and my panic attacks but I made it through this last year! I got exemplary grade and an honor scholarship for college. We can all do this ,NO matter what! Congratulations to our class and good luck to the ones following us!”

I finish my speech and realize all my friends and val came up behind me when they hugged me while everyone else stood and clapped or whooped for me. I blush when Val kisses me in front of everyone.

Afterwards the rest of the class is invited to a giant graduation after party but we decide to go to mine and Val’s house for pizza and movies.

We all head to our house but we stop to pick Madison up for Anna so she had someone to hangout with instead of all us teens.

On our way to the house I call dominos for pizza and pop to be delivered.When we get home the girls head to their room while the rest of us head to the living room.

We all sat down in this order - Maddox with Stormy right beside him, Maxwell and Christa together and Val and I on the small couch. As we wait for the pizza we play truth or dare.

“What do you want zay? Truth or dare?” Maxwell asks.

“Um,” I think for a minute, “ how about dare.”

He nods, “ I dare you to have a make out session for a minute with Val.” I blush but nod and we do that dare and then the game continues.

The dares are hilarious and I don’t think I have ever laughed that hard. Finally the door bell rang signaling our game over. I laugh as I open the door and then calm down to pay the guy and Val takes the pizza as I get the pop.

“Girls, come on down! Time for dinner.” I holler up the stairs. I head into the dining room as the girls run down the stairs. I don’t scold them today because we are celebrating.

We all sit down and pass the pizza boxes around so everyone can get what they want. As we eat I ask the girls, “ how does it feel to be a first grader?”

They both answer with excited answers. “Yes!” “ I can’t wait!” we laugh at them and I listen to the different conversations. Val and the guys are talking about the cars like usual and the girls are talking about going shopping tomorrow.

After we eat we all head into the living and watch the movie PIXELS. Which I have to admit is a REALLY good movie. It made me laugh, be mad and almost cry in all different parts.

I want a Q*bert now. They are just adorable and hilarious at the same time. When the movie is finished the boys take the little ones up to their room to sleep in their beds while us girls throw blankets and pillows all over the floor.

Once they get back we talk about what is going to happen in our lives now. “ well in the fall Val and I are going to the college in town. I want my degree to be a first grade teacher. Val wants to become a mechanic.” I say. Everyone starts talking at how cool our plans our, “ oh and in about a year and a half we will be getting married!’ Val adds in and pulls me closer.

Of course the girls go crazy over the thoughts of weddings. I laugh and lean into Val. The guys talk about going to the same college as us but also they are taking over their dad’s business.

The girls are going to college, Stormy to be a registered nurse and Christa for designer degrees. I have a feeling we will go through many other things but we will do just fine.

***************

Please vote, comment, and share  so others can enjoy the greatness.

Bookshark16 out.