Past

4:30

Daniel

I walk to the main stage, where two chairs were facing one another, and Freddie was sitting in the left chair. I sat in the opposite chair, and started to think of where to start, then realizing how difficult this night was. And long.

"Freddie, couldn't we do this at a different time, like tomorrow? It's almost the end of my shift."

She rolls her eyes, and made a motion. I suddenly feel slowed down, then slowly speed back up again.

"No worries on time now, Daniel. We are in a little timeloop, thanks to Marionette. Now, you were about to explain yourself, what happened tonight, and your entire backstory. Evidently, your past has evil, uncaught evil."

I take a deep breath, and slowly breathe out.

"Alright, i'll explain myself. My entire name is Daniel Edwin Cassels. I was born in New York, New York, in the year of 1998, on the 6th of July. I was born to a successful and financially sound couple, who were not expecting me till it was too late. My mother went crazy, and my father was the one to take care of me and my younger brother. Thing is, my father worked, while my mother was bedridden, drugged to oblivion. By the time my mother got up and out of the bed, I had grown up, and couldn't  remember anything good with her. I was my own parent for the most part, taking care of me and my brother for a very long while. I became independent on my choices, and dependent on the one other who actually was with me the entire time, my little brother. My mother moved out, and it was us three guys. By the time I entered school, I was faster and smarter in processing things compared to everyone else. I went to school, and until the 3rd grade, I was bullied. Alot. My homework getting stolen, reappearing soon after, and someone had the same score as me. Since I was 9, I had paranoia, fear of everyone around me."

I stop for a moment to catch my breath.

"Could I get some water?"

"Sure. Mari?"

A cup of water appears next to my chair.

"Thank you Poppet."

I drink some water, and continue my story.

"After that, I went into middle school, 6th grade. There, I thought things were different. I was wrong. Everyone trying to impress the girls, and failing in grades were standard. Except for me, I got straight A's. Eventually, I got harrassed by guys, afterwards girls. I started to fail, knowing if I fail, everyone will stop targeting me. It worked..until my father found out. I was forced to do all the work, within a week. I managed to complete an entire half of a semester's worth of work in 3 days. After that, I was grounded. I began to pick up books, and card games. I learned escape tactics, and cognitive thinking, how one action turns into another. I was grounded for about 4 years, not speaking, not arguing, just books and cards. I began to be a space cadet, thinking distracting me from what I was doing. The basis of my reality was fantasy, and my imagination grew from it. Then I began to watch scary movies, games, and I wouldn't and couldn't sleep. I lived in constant fear, nightmares continuous. But as I grew up, I learned to fight, to be able to dream with control. I began to get friends, people I could call friends anyways. In the 7th grade, issues popped up, with my nightmares happening in real life, and I reacted sufficiently, causing someone to bleed. Later that year, the same thing happened, and I choked someone. I resolved that I am not an all powerful person, and my parents agreed. My younger brother always had the time to socialize, and get good grades without worry. Meanwhile, I was under harsh watch. I learned to tread carefully under the watch, and from that, became good at escaping. I grew up, and learned to control myself further. I was never encouraged, but pushed to do well. Once I got out of high school, I entered college, and I excelled, till the professors began to think I was cheating, and was immediately thrown out. I began to do random jobs, for accounting and such, and earned enough to support myself. Then, I began drunk research."

I got a curious look from Freddie at this point and she stopped me.

"Drunk research? Isn't that harmful and dangerous?"

"At that point, I didn't know. I spent almost all my savings in these scars, to try to create large amounts of artifical blood, using small amounts of my own. In the end, all of the blood was tainted, stained with my DNA and the inking of darkness. I began to try to end my life, using the same tactics I learned from my failures. Then I met a phantom named Ridge, who cursed me and my home with the inability of using any sharp objects. I began a new research project, of what could kill me with it looking like an accident."

Freddie looked at me with a bored glare.

"You found us, didn't you?"

I nod, knowing that it sounds absolutely crazy.

"Well, you aren't lying, and Bonnie is extremely attached to you, so you may keep your job. But after a week of staying, we have a little..game to play. To test if you are who you really are."

"He is real alright." I hear behind me, and I began to feel goosebumps.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello! Finally done with this chapter, I am excited! I hope you all will enjoy, I will sleep now, and...yeah. Cya guys in the next chapter!