Gamur

15:14

Daniel

I awake, beautifully, to Ridge grumpily waking me up. 

"Didn't I tell you to keep yourself safe and out of trouble? Who was that residing within your head? Why are they around? I thought I was special!"

I replied, with the smooth sentence, "Much question, little wake."

I begin my trek into the bathroom across the hall, and I began to get all prepped for this evening's shift. I was brushing my teeth, as I heard, "What?! How are you even...what?"

I popped my head outside the bathroom, to see Ridge frustrated at the golden phantom. I chuckle, and suddenly have two very annoyed females on my case just like that.

I shrink into the bathroom, and very slowly turned the lock. I finish brushing my teeth, while Goldy and Ridge mingled. They just might enjoy one another. Might.

Ridge

I heard Daniel click the lock, then started up the shower. Good...

"So, my fellow phantasmal friend, how are you linked to Daniel? Does it have to do with this job of his?" I ask sweetly, knowing this will be an interesting conversation.

"Well, as you know, I tried to kill him, and torture his soul till the time his body decided to bite the dust. Thing is, he fought back with understanding, not fear. Once he had caught me with a fear of his, he won back his body for a time, buying him time to corner me along with himself. Somehow, he knew that our souls were intertwined while I was possessing him. He brought himself back from my possession, by relieving myself of my burdens, my fears, and...my guilt. He said to me,'Join the physical plane. Apologize. You will be forgiven for your sins.' and left a bloody hand mark, on the right side of my upper chest. This bonded me to him, even without him knowing the true extent of his doing. He freed me from my prison, and for that, I am forever grateful."

"So by defeating you, for say in Daniel terms, the big boss, he gained you as a character in his party?"

She blankly stares at me, good chance not knowing how to react to this. I suppose she is still new to his mind after all.

"Look into his memory bank labeled, 'RPG games'. Close your eyes and focus into the light that is Daniel." I say with slight frustration.

I saw her look in confusion of what I said, shook her head, and then closed her eyes, relaxing. I felt a wave of energy, a thread connecting between the fellow phastasm, and Daniel.

The energy subsides, and Goldy, if I remember correctly, opens her eyes in shock. "We are in the presence of a master tactician?! How was he able...? I mean, I get what you meant, but how did he manage all the games with no deaths?!" she asked, and the answer came from a different person that was expected.

Daniel

"I was very alone growing up. I had an older sister, and a younger brother. My sister decided for my birthday, when I was turning 8 years old, to get me a Game Boy, along with my very first game, Fire Emblem. I played the game, and excelled in tactical strategy. I beat the game soon after it being given to me. I tried to show my parents, my father just nodded his head and went to sleep or work when I tried to explain, and my mother....was never truly around. So I played it again, and again, and again. I felt...included. I played other games, and expanded my knowledge. Now, I use that tactical thought process to get me out of sticky situations, like me versus you, Goldy." I smirk.

I almost immediately get hugged, and i then end up on the floor, opposite of a human form Goldy. Goldy has more...color, and less of a fade, as if she changed her form.

"Uh, aren't you supposed to be a phantom?"

She blushed, and nodded.

I hear Ridge complaining "Hey! That is a big no no! At least with me!"

"You aren't okay with it since you aren't able to do this~" I tease, frustrating Ridge, and making Goldy blush more.

"Ohhh....you jerk. Fine, you aren't going to have me in your peaceful dreams, until you apologize...and apologize sincerely!"

And with that, Ridge vaporized within the house.

I sigh. "Damn. Took it too far. I'll apologize when I come back from tonight's shift." I turn towards Goldy,"You should return to the pizzeria, for whomever would worry about you disappearing. Right?"

Goldy nods, and closes her eyes. I continue to get ready for tonight's shift, till I heard a whisper. "The game starts tonight."

I turn around, feeling like Goldy was right behind me. The interesting factor, nothing was there.

"Hello? What game? What are the rules? What are the win conditions? The loss conditions? Help?" I ask the nothingness.

No answer to my questions whatsoever. Well, I have a bad feeling this concerns the girls back at the pizzeria.