Chapter Four: The vision

HARPER

I stayed as still as a statue until his door closed and then breathed out trying to calm myself, he sounded so distant during that conversation and my vision had been so blurry. I didn't need glasses did I? Maybe I wasn't very well. I opened the door, checking it was my room before stumbling in and collapsing onto my bed, comforted by the feeling of the silk sheets. RING, RING, I groaned picking up the phone, it was Hattie, "Hi...I'm great. You got my message? Great, okay...night, or morning in your case, bye." She was in England at the moment, visiting her parents, wish I could have gone with her, I sometimes missed Somerset. With it's farms and seasides. But I had to admit, America was always exciting. I changed into my pyjamas and tied my hair up into a plait, removing my earpiece before collapsing into the bed, finding sleep immediately which was strange because I don't sleep quickly often.

VISION

"How are the plans coming along? The tutari grow restless." A man in green, stood up, his thumb smoothing the side of his sceptre, "Well tell your people, there will be war, I have located the Teseract." The creature glanced at him, "And when will war be, we have waited oh so long, with only promises, no rewards." The man sighed, his sceptre glowing blue, "You must patient, your rewards will be here soon. I have had none yet myself." Asgardian, he had to be. All the books if read and mums pictures and notebooks. He was he was... My foot dislodged a stone and I hid behind a boulder, they hadn't seen me. "If you fail..." The creature began but the man stepped towards him, his sceptre against its heart, "Don't threaten me creature, I am a god, Loki of Asgard and I do not take orders from you, war has been promised and you will get your war, Earth will perish." He smiled right at me and I ducked back behind the rock and his sceptre glowed, illuminating his deep green eyes.

HARPER

GASP, I sat up in bed panting from the dream, they came often, glimpses of the present about the future, said to be a gift but I saw it as a curse. Normally Tony would be here, comforting me, grabbing me some water, but of course he was asleep on the other side of the ship. I got up and filled up a glass in the bathroom with cool water, drinking it. Sip by sip, I slowed my breathing, that was why I had been ill, I must have overworked myself today. Got too excited about the project. Unless it was a vision. It must have been. The man, Loki, was he the person we were looking for? I was sure of it. He'd mentioned the Teseract and one of the Tutari had spoken with him, confirming my research. I walked back into my room, putting the glass on one of the shelves I laid down on the bed closing my eyes, maybe it had been a vision but I needed to sleep. I couldn't spend a day in bed like I Tony usually made me do after a vision. I tried to relax but no sleep would come, only nightmare after nightmare about the man in green, the same vision again and again. I guess I must have been screaming when Steve came, he pushed open the door and hurriedly roused me, scared by my state. I opened my eyes, shaking, unable to escape from the nightmare that had me trapped. He brushed my hair out of my eyes concerned, "I'm-I'm fine, sorry for, for waking you up, I'm so sorry. And for some reason, I began to cry, "Hey it's ok, it's ok, your safe, hey." Steve sat next to me on the bed and held me in a tight embrace, rocking me gently while I cried, scared and worried about what I'd seen. Why was I acting like this? It was a dream. No even I couldn't lie to myself, it was a vision. Once I'd calmed down, he made me tell him everything and made me drink another cup of water. When I was finished, he held his hand across my forehead, it felt nice and cool. He laid me down and pulled the duvet over me, I immediately pushed it away, determined not to sleep, to have those nightmares, to have Loki plague my mind again. "You need to sleep." He said gently, his voice soft as he tucked the duvet over me again, "I'll see it again." I whispered, and he seemed to understand, sitting on the edge of the bed he spoke to me, "Go to sleep, I'll be next door, if you have a nightmare again I promise I'll come straight away, ok?" I shook my head but he wrapped his jacket around me and walked out the room. Inhaling his sweet smell, I unwillingly closed my eyes and surrendered my mind to the nightmare.