Chapter Fourteen: The Battle Begins

TONY

"You..." I grabbed him by the helmet horns and he swore and punched me as the Teseract shot a bright blue ray into the sky, "Your too late." He laughed insanely, "They are coming, your daughter lays under my power, your world crumbles around you Iron Man, what do you do?"

"What do I do? Come inside." I walked inside as he followed, warily. "Come on, I'm serious." I walked behind the dusty bar and salvaged some chipped glasses, "You want a drink? I'm having one." "Stalling me won't change anything." I poured myself a glass and drank it all in one go, "Actually I'm planning to threaten you." He laughed, his sceptre appearing again, "You should have left your armour on for that." I clipped the bracelets Harper made for me on and Jarvis started opening the cupboard with my spare suit, "Yeah probably. But honestly reindeer games, there is no version of this where you come out on top, none!" Harper stirred looking at me and shuffled to the cupboard slowly, "I don't seem to see my dis-advantage." "You don't? The avengers, that's what we call ourselves anyway, an angry government, world and public." His expression turned cold and he pulled me over the bar, "How will your friends have time for me when they're so busy fighting you?" His sceptre chinked against my ark reactor and he pulled it away frowning, "This usually works, I don't..." "It's just a design flaw, many people find that in the early stages of inventing, Harper did when she built..." He throttled me, "Harper this better work or..." She pulled the cupboard doors open fully and he threw me out of the glass window.

I swore repeatedly as the bracelets shone red and lasers clipped a suit onto my arms and along my body, "Harper, get yourself out now." I shot upwards as my helmet came online and hovered at the window to see Loki get shot in the face with some water, "Non-existent power huh? I'll give you non-existent!" He landed on the balcony and shot me with his sceptre as I grabbed her and flew her to the ground.

STEVE

Tony flew down and let her go, smiling at me. "Don't you ever do that to me again." She ran over, jewels of glass in her hair and I held her tight brushing them away as she looked up at me, the Harper I knew with hazel hair and eyes. The wind blowing in her hair. "Alright then, Hawk and Iron man on sky duty, you two here." Thor smiled at me and she shot an advancing Tutari behind my back, "Let's go."