Adding Cole to the Fire - Chapter 11

DON’T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

“Thank you, Alpha Kent.”  Diesel placed his cellphone down with a growl. 

“Still no lead as to where the she-wolves came from?”  Cole leaned back in his chair in front of the Alpha’s desk. 

“The vampire leader said they aren’t from America.  He said that they arrived her recently.” 

“And you’re willing to take their world for it?”  Cole raised an eyebrow at the usually pushy and demanding Alpha that would suspect a lie even if he watched it happen with his own two golden eyes. 

“From the information the wolves have gathered at the high school, his answer lines up.”  His eyes flashed gold at the obvious challenge. 

“Oh?”  Cole leaned on one arm, pressing his friend to go on with teasing eyes and a soft smirk on his lips. 

The phone began to buzz once more, breaking Diesel from his concentrated stare down with his smug Beta. 

“Alpha Diesel speaking.”  Diesel spoke into the phone, refusing to break eye contact with Cole. 

“Diesel, have you heard?”  A growling voice met him from the other end of the line. 

“Matt, what do you want?”  Diesel’s eyes began to glow a deep gold at the voice of one of the neighboring rival Alphas.  Cole sat up in his seat with a frown. 

“So I guess you’ve heard to keep your bitches in your borders.”  Matt snarled with a hint of a mocking laugh. 

“Matt.”  Diesel growled lowly, warning him to watch his tongue. 

“Who knows what might happen if one of your bitches is caught outside of pack lands.  It would be a shame if one of them got kidnapped.”  Matt didn’t even attempt to hide his acidic tone as he ended the call. 

“Is that the Alpha Matt from down south or Alpha Matt from the neighboring pack?”  Cole pinched the bridge of his nose while squeezing his eyes tightly. 

“That would be the prick next door.”  Diesel slapped his phone onto his desk, making the papers on his desk flutter.  Most of the papers contained snippets of stock reports that he had previously been going over.  Others contained freshly released information about some of his allies and some stolen documents from his neighboring packs that didn’t exactly see eye-to-eye with him, like Matt’s pack. 

“What did he want?” 

“Just using the recent kidnapping of wolves to threaten us like usual.” 

“So that’s what everyone has been going on about and why your phone has been ringing off the hook.” 

“Most of the calls have been calling from the eastern coast, so it doesn’t seem that we’re at much risk yet.” 

“What’s going on?” 

“There was a hunter attack.  A squad of young wolves was patrolling his borders and they came across a small group of hunters.  The hunters kidnapped one of the young wolves only to release the wolf an hour later.  The wolf seems to be fine.”  Diesel squinted down at the papers in front of him. 

Cole let out a soft growl across from him as if he was mind linked with someone else. 

“Cole, what’s wrong?”  Diesel lifted his eyes from the papers in front of him with a frown. 

“Oh, nothing, Alpha.  Just a little brawl at the school.”  The Beta tried to cover it up with a nervous smile, earning a hard look from the Alpha.