The Deal with Skirts - Chapter 02

VOTE & COMMENT!

~~~~~

“Ivy, this is Sasha.  She convinced the three kings to spare my life.”  Robert announced to his coven with a warm smile on his lips. 

“What is she then?”  Scott spoke the question that was on everyone’s mind. 

“They are werewolves.”  Robert spoke carefully.  Like he had predicted, the other vampires prepared their muscles to pounce at any sign of a threat. 

“What are they doing on our land then?”  Ivy spoke slowly, unsure of the situation suddenly. 

“I see that it would cause discord in your coven if we stayed.  Sorry about bothering you.”  Sasha eyed the defensive vampires cautiously.  She didn’t have the strength to defeat all of them while protecting her sister. 

“Ivy.  This girl saved my life.  She will be joining us.”  Robert spoke firmly.  He was the leader of the coven, thus, the strongest. 

“Robert, she is one of them!”  Ivy hissed as her eyes turned black. 

“Stand down!”  Robert commanded.  Everyone took a step back at his tone.  The vampires that had just returned from patrol relaxed instantly.  The vampires that had come out of the house were more hesitant. 

“How can we trust her?”  Ivy questioned, unsure of her right to speak. 

“If trust is an issue, Robert and I can form a blood pact.”  Sasha spoke clearly.  Only alphas of packs could form blood pacts with foreign species. 

“That won’t be necessary.”  Robert loosened the tie that seemed to be strangling him all of a sudden. 

“You’re going to just let her join?”  Ivy’s green eyes flew open wide at the idea. 

“We’ll be her pack, and she’ll be part of our coven.”  Robert smiled as he strode to stand next to the blonde girl. 

“Charlotte, you must agree.”  Sasha hissed at her silent sister. 

“I promise to protect the pack to the best of my abilities.”  The young girl spoke the oldest promise.  Her eyes were glowing a bright red at the time, showing that she would help in both forms. 

“I promise to protect the pack to the best of my abilities.”  Sasha repeated with glowing red eyes and a smile on her face. 

“I promise, as leader, to protect those that have chosen to join the coven.”  Robert beamed as he attempted to mimic the werewolf oath.  Charlotte gave a small smile before her legs gave out.  Sasha whipped around and managed to catch her falling sister before she fell to the ground. 

“We are in need of some rest.”  Sasha gave a tired smile as she easily threw her sister over her back.