Chapter 1

''Yoyo! Hurry up! I wanna be there as fast as possible!'' Someone shouted impatiently on the other side of the door while banging on the poor door.

''Yeah, yeah. I'm coming...'' 'Yoyo' sighed out, walking towards the door after grabbing the scroll from the table.

'Yoyo' opened the door and was greeted by the one and only Number One Knucklehead of Konoha, Uzumaki Naruto.

''Finally! What took you so long, datebayo?'' Naruto asked while the two dashed towards the gates.

''I was reading the scroll over, unlike someone here.'' 'Yoyo' pointed out with a straight face.

''HEY! What's that supposed to mean, Yoru?!'' Naruto shouted offended next to Yoru's ear.

Yoru yelped from the loud noise and pushed Naruto's face away ''Gah! Naru! You know my ears are sensitive!''

Naruto stumbled a bit, but regained his balance and laughed sheepishly ''Gomen, gomen...''

Yoru sighed at his best friend's forgetfulness, but still smiled a bit.

The two were approaching the gate at a fast rate, but before they passed it completely ''Bye Izumo! Kotetsu! See you later!'' Yoru shouted at the two gatekeepers.

''Have a safe trip you two!'' ''Come back safely!'' Was heard behind the two ninja's.

The two friends were running in a comfortable silence for once, because normally Naruto would talk the whole way or ask stupid things. Luckily he didn't! That was what Yoru thought...

''Hey, Yoyo...'' Naruto began gaining the said person's attention.

''What was the mission about again?'' Naruto asked sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

When Yoru heard that, he almost fell out of the tree. ''Argh! Naru! Seriously?!'' Yoru shouted after he regained his balance and slapped Naruto's head.

''Ouch! Hehe... gomen...'' Naruto said dejectedly, hanging his head in shame.

Yoru sighed but still explained ''We are supposed to retrieve a stone from a group of rogues that they have stolen and bring it back to the rightful protectors of the stone.''

''Eh, a stone? That's it?!'' Naruto shouted in disbelieve.

''Not just any stone, Naru. They say that stone has 'magical powers'. What those powers are, I have no idea. But it must be of high value and very imported with what the requester had offered on money.'' Yoru explained.

''Huh... That stone must be really awesome then!'' Naruto shouted in glee.

'Naru... sometimes you are too easygoing...' Yoru though with a sweatdrop looking at his best friend that is blabbering about how awesome the mission is going to be and that he's going to kick ass.

'That brat doesn't know when to shut his mouth, it's annoying. How can you even stand him?' Ah voice commented.

'Oh! Kurama! Long time no hear!' Yoru greeted in his head.

'Yeah, hello to you too, chibi.' Kurama greeted back nonchalantly.

'Still calling me that, huh...?' Yoru said with a sweatdrop.

'Of course, you're only 155 cm. You haven't really grown much either.' Kurama said with amusement in his voice.

'Glad to know my height amuses you...' Yoru said with his head hanged low.