Prologue

Okay just FYI this takes place after everyone returns from the lodge, Aaron, Aphmau, Zane and Lucinda are fine, don't worry ^^

Lucinda's POV

"Stop! You can't do this Ivan!" I cried. "Oh but I can." He sneered. People were frozen with fear as I was forced to the glass fencing around the hole. I was at the mall, and every now and then in the isles, to keep the stores on opposite sides, they had squares of the floor cut out so you could look below, and I was pinned against one on the top floor. "Ivan!" I shouted. He narrowed his eyes, raising his hand, which was holding a knife. I had seen enough of them for a while. "You've got two choices. The knife, or the fall." Ivan growled. There were little kids around us, staring in shock while people tried to call the cops. Furious, I kicked Ivan. He shouted, digging the knife into my arm. Blood splattered everywhere as I bit back a scream. Suddenly, Ivan kicked down the glass wall, shattering everywhere. The blood from the wound wouldn't stop. I was afraid he had hit the main artery in my arm. "Stupid." Ivan spat, going to shove me off. But something massive barreled into him. I couldn't see, because Ivan had managed to throw me over in the process. The last thing I remember was hitting the ground.

Katelyn's POV

"Aphmau!" I shouted. She stared in horror, watching the massive creature fight Ivan. People panicked around us. "We have to help!" I decided. Aaron shook his head. "Getting involved is gonna kill us." He frowned. Suddenly, the feline slammed it's paw, claws unsheathed into Ivan's chest. He screeched, cut off by a violent coughing. I backed up as the snow leopard faced us. It growled angrily, leading us back to the main floor. "LUCINDA!" Cadenza cried. An overwhelming pool of blood surrounded her. I hung back, unable to move close. The snow leopard touched it's head to my hand before darting off. "Lucinda, come on!" Cadenza was becoming worried. I didn't know what to do. Feeling sick, I sat down against a wall. Soon, Travis had sat with me. I scooted further apart. "You okay?" He asked. I shook my head, not wanting to answer. Ambulances had arrived, taking Lucinda with them. "Aph, we're going home." Aaron glared. She was trying not to cry. "We can't! Lucinda needs us!" She protested. "I'll come home too." I decided. Aaron cast me a grateful look. "Same." Travis sighed. "F-Fine." Aphmau crossed her arms anxiously as we drove back home.