Chapter 5

Laurance's POV

"Lucinda, you're doing fine, don't worry." I smiled. She glared at me before heading back to shore to dry off. I followed, shaking out my hair. "Hey!" Lucinda burst into laughter as I soaked her. Suddenly, gunshots filled the air. People panicked, screaming senselessly. "Stay down." I hissed to Lucinda, who was staring at the hill. I looked up, seeing what was causing the fear. "EIN!" Aaron roared. The werewolf sneered. "I'm not that easy to kill, ya know." He spat. I felt my heart begin to race as he turned to us. "I expected better from you." Ein snarled, aiming his weapon. The familiar bang followed as something shot in front of the weapon. "NO!!!" Aphmau screeched. I stared in horror, seeing Katelyn collapse to the ground. "Katelyn!" Travis cried. Ein seemed startled at first, only to shake it off. "Oh well. Collateral damage. It happens." He shrugged. Fury built inside me. "YOU JUST SHOT A PERSON! YOU SHOT! A PERSON!" I shouted. "And?" Ein narrowed his eyes. "What is WRONG with you?!" Zane yelled. Ein stepped out of the way, only to be cornered by Aaron, Zane and Garroth. "Lucinda come on, we need to get you somewhere safe." I growled, helping her out of the way.

Travis' POV

"No!" I cried, dropping to Katelyn's side. Blood raced out of the three bullet wounds. Pressing my hand against it, I begged Katelyn to hang in there. "Why did you do that?!" I choked, holding back tears. "Lucinda..." Katelyn groaned, tears falling into the sand. "Katelyn, don't ever do that again!" I hissed. "EIN STOP!" Aaron shouted. I turned to see him shoot again. I stared in shock as Katelyn screamed in pain. "Katelyn!" I wailed, crying. She fell silent, eyes closing. "No! No, please no!" I felt myself panicking. Ein shook his head, snarling angrily. He seemed to be fighting something, snapping and growling at the air. "Stop... controlling me!!!" He howled. I couldn't pay attention. Katelyn was bleeding to death. Kawaii~Chan, Melissa and Cadenza began to help me. "We need to stop the bleeding before there's any more. Katelyn's lost more than she can handle." Cadenza explained, applying pressure to the wound. "ARGH!!!" Ein roared, ripping a small device from his neck. He shook the blood away, eyes wild. "What's wrong with him?!" Melissa stared. Out of nowhere, a dark form in a cloak whipped in front of Ein. "YOU'RE USELESS!" It shouted, throwing Ein to the ground. "That's the snake eyed man!" Zane realized, sitting by us, away from whatever was going on. "Katelyn, hang on, please." I pleaded. No response. "We need a medic immediately!" Cadenza snapped. "Then let's go!" Kawaii~Chan stood up, racing off with the girls. "Katelyn, I'm so sorry!" I sobbed, cradling her head and shoulders gently. "I love you so much." I whispered. Katelyn was limp. "Don't leave me. You promised me we could watch the fireworks tomorrow. Katelyn, please don't leave me." I begged, grief overwhelming me. "Don't go."

"Is she okay?" I panicked. We were at the hospital, waiting for further news about Katelyn. "Miss Katelyn's lost an overwhelming amount of blood. She's going to need a blood transfusion, surgery and a ton of care." The doctor sighed.

Katelyn had an IV in her arms and wrist, and machines hooked up to her. She was still asleep from the medicine. The surgery had just been completed, and we were allowed to bring Katelyn back to the house once she woke up. I sat at her side, gently stroking her hair out of her face. Katelyn moaned faintly, waking up. "Hey." I smiled. She winced, giving me a smile. "We can go home as soon as you want." I promised. "Home..." Katelyn bit back a cry.

Gently, I helped Katelyn into bed. "Thank you." Katelyn sighed. "Of course." I smiled. "Travis..." Katelyn coughed. "Yes?" I replied, sitting down. "I... I love you." She gave me a hopeful look, her eyes shining. "I love you too." I admitted. Slowly, I leaned down, kissing Katelyn. She kissed me back, relaxing. I felt my heart pounding with excitement. We had never been able to share this moment until now. I could tell that Katelyn truly meant what she said. I'll never leave you. Even if I were to die, I would stand by your side.