Chapter 1

Katelyn's POV

"Is she okay?" I asked. Aaron sat back down. "Lucinda's lost a massive amount of her blood due to the knife cutting the brachial artery in her arm, has a concussion, she's unconscious at the moment, other cuts from the glass, a large fracture in her hip, she's not gonna have an easy time walking, and she may have trouble breathing for a few weeks." Aaron sighed. I closed my eyes sadly. "The doctor said had the snow leopard not gotten in the way, she most likely would've been wounded more and killed." He added. "Is Lucinda gonna stay there for a while?" Travis questioned. "Just for today. They said as long as we're careful with her, she can stay here, but to let them know if she gets worse." Aaron replied.

"Hey Lucinda." I greeted her quietly. Lucinda was staying with Aphmau and Aaron for a while, along with Cadenza who was with her. She smiled faintly. "I'm sorry that we couldn't help you." I apologized. "It's... okay..." Lucinda replied. My phone buzzed. "Laurance was wondering if he could come in?" I half-asked half-stated. "Sure." Lucinda let out a pained sigh. I stood up, walking out. Laurance headed in. I felt bad. Poor Lucinda was trying so hard to speak with us. And no one had been there to help her.

Laurance's POV

"Lucinda, I'm so sorry." I apologized. She smiled. "It's okay." Lucinda winced. They hadn't put a cast, but more of a large gauze wrap covered by strong bandage wraps, around her waist and stomach to keep her hip from getting worse. "I meant to ask, did you hear that Ivan's dead?" I frowned. She shook her head, making a soft noise at the motion. "He was killed by the snow leopard. It ran off before anyone else got there, so we couldn't get a close look." I explained. "Thank you." Lucinda sighed, relived to know she was safe forever. We sat in silence for a moment. "Is there anything I can do?" I offered. "I've been feeling kinda lonely, because no one stays for a long time..." Lucinda admitted. "Do you want me to sit and watch a show?" I asked. "Yes please." She smiled. I slowly sat down on the other side of the bed, finding a show we both liked. I felt a little bit awkward, but at least she was someone I knew, and my sister's best friend. Outside, the sky had darkened a bit. I would leave as soon as I was asked to. But before I knew it, both of us had fallen asleep.

I woke up to a pained cry. Cadenza had said she was going out of town, so if Lucinda was in pain she couldn't help the next two weeks. "What's wrong?" I whispered. "N-Nothing!" Lucinda lied. "Please, I know I'm not Cadenza, but let me help." I sighed. "Fine... it's just... my hip really aches." Lucinda winced. I got up, turning on the bedside lamp on her side. "Okay, what am I supposed to do?" I laughed, feeling stupid. "Could you just adjust the pillow?" Lucinda asked. I nodded, adjusting the pillow under her lower back so it was more comfortable. "Thank you Laurance." Lucinda smiled. "Of course." I replied, turning off the light before laying back down. I was laying so I was facing Lucinda, that way I could keep an eye on her. She gently rested her hand on mine. I felt myself blush, glad it was dark in the room. Exhausted from the past couple days, I fell asleep quickly.