✨ Go Ara

Acting

Go was chosen to play the female lead, Lee Ok-rim, in the 2003 KBS teen drama Sharp #1, acting alongside Lee Eun-sung, Kim Shi-hoo, and Yoo Ah-in. She reprised her role in the 2005 sequel Sharp #2, this time starring alongside Super Junior members Kim Kibumand Kim Heechul, both her labelmates, as well as Lee Eun-sung.

In December 2008

Go's breakthrough performance was in the 2006SBS drama Snow Flower, where she starred alongside Kim Kibum, Kim Hee-ae, andLee Jae-ryong. Go portrayed the rebellious and ambitious Yoo Da-mi, which won her acting recognition in award ceremonies the following year.

Go's first film was the big-budget Japanese movieGenghis Khan: To the Ends of the Earth and Sea, which was released in Japan in March 2007, and Hong Kong in April 2007. She played Khulan, the mistress of Genghis Khan, after being picked from more than 40,000 auditions. The film was screened at many film festivals, including theCannes Film Market, theMoscow International Film Festival, the 2007 Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, and the 5th World Film Festival of Bangkok.

In 2008, she was cast in theMBC drama Who Are You?opposite Yoon Kye-sang. Despite low ratings in Korea, the body swap comedy drew in international fans, increasing her Korean Wave profile. This led to an appearance in theJapanese television dramaKarei naru Spy.

In 2009, she was cast in MBC'sHeading to the Ground with idol singer Jung Yunho fromDBSK. Director Park Sung-soo later said he had wanted her for the role of Kang Hae-bin more than any other actress. The same year, she starred inDance, Subaru!, a co-production between Japan,China, and Korea.

In 2011, Go made her domestic film debut inPacemaker, and her co-stars were acclaimed veteran actorsKim Myung-min and Ahn Sung-ki. She then displayed her singing skills in the 2012 multicultural film Papa, withPark Yong-woo. Go received Best New Actress nominations at the Baeksang Arts Awards, the Grand Bell Awards, and theBlue Dragon Film Awards for the two performances.

In 2013, Go's popularity further rose through the nostalgic campus drama Reply 1994. In order to portray Sung Na-jung, she cut her hair short, and gained 18 lbs. While many doubted her casting when it was first announced, Go's acting later highly praised. The drama scored big ratings and rejuvenated Go's career. For her performance, Go received Best Actress nomination inBaeksang Art Awards andAPAN Star Awards.

She next starred as the sole female rookie detective in the 2014 police drama You're All Surrounded, alongside Lee Seung-gi.

In 2015, Go returned to the big screen alongside Yoo Seung-ho in joseon-era romance film,The Magician, where she plays a princess who finds love with a circus magician. This was followed by a leading role inPhantom Detective, a neo-noir action flick starring Lee Je-hoon as the titular Hong Gil-dong. Go plays a sexy femme fatale deeply entrenched in the criminal organization.

In 2016, Go was cast as the female lead opposite Park Seo-joon in youth historical drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth. The same year, she left SM Entertainment after 13 years.

In January 2017, Go signed with newly formed management agency Artist Company and became label-mates with Lee Jung-jae andJung Woo-sung.

Modeling

Since she entered the entertainment scene, Go has been a popular commercialmodel. Among the products she's endorsed are SK Telecom, Elite Uniforms, and more recently, cosmetics. Go was the youngest model forEtude House in 2006, and filmed the brand commercial with actor Jang Keun-suk in 2008. In 2011, Go and was chosen as the new muse ofLirikos .