Prologue -Big Hat Ryan Returns from Vacation to Shoot the Next Film-

From the shadows Big Hat Ryan appears donning his same oversized big hat. In a dim and dusty room, he opens the curtains to shed daylight upon his old king's chambers. Everything was as he left it all those years ago. And so once more he remained on his own. He had left the kingdom to his son a near seven-hundred years ago and when he got word of his and his other five children's death, he knew he had to once more take up the throne. Perhaps Big Hat Ryan was the only one that could truly be king, for unlike everyone else he wasn't plagued by mortality.

Despite being granted indefinite longevity, Big Hat Ryan's children were still half human; therefore, they could be killed by more direct means. It was a near three months ago, while Big Hat Ryan was enjoying his retirement in Hawaii, that a being of unknown origins attacked the kingdom, and his children, at the cost of their lives, just barely managed to subdue the enemy with their combined force. A truly remarkable force, whatever attacked that day.

Big Hat Ryan made haste back, taking the long trek back to the kingdom on foot, through rain, wind, snow, a few hurricanes, tornadoes, and even several red-sky apocalypses. And finally, after three months, he arrived still wearing a flowery button up shirt and carrying a large suitcase.

Since he had left to Hawaii the future had truly taken grip of the kingdom, and magic combined with mechanics and science had arose to unfathomably advanced technology. The kingdom was a far cry of its former self as lights and high rising skyscrapers encompassed the entirety of the kingdom outside of the original castle. However, even then a new castle, a skyscraper to be the largest building in the kingdom, was in the works.

Big Hat Ryan took a seat in a chair next to the window, having replaced a flower clad button up shirt and shorts with his typical felt trench coat with a dress shirt and tie underneath and slacks.