Chapter 4 -The Actual Plot: The 12 Olde Gods-

"So how are your studies coming along?" Big Hat Ryan randomly appears in the seat across the table to which Resferia studied at.

"Ah! Why the heck do you always appear so suddenly like that!?" the apprentice complains.

"Because I'm Big Hat Ryan..."

"What kind of explanation is that!?"

"You don't seem to be very far into that book... Been slacking off have we?" he teases.

"Huh!! Are you insane!? You expect me to be able to read over a million pages in only a week. I've been studying for almost ten hours a day since then. I've somehow manage to finish you book on incantations."

"But have you memorized. It'd be useless if you haven't. What's the three properties of ren?"

"Explosive, erratic, and linear."

"Oh. Then what corresponding words best bring out those properties?"

"Zai, verean, and alem, respectively..."

"Well, seems as though you've been making good use of your time."

"No thanks to you with your whole black plague shenanigan."

"I thought we all agreed that was your fault."

"We did not!!!"

"Oh then who was it that caused the plague to spread in the first place by so abruptly opening my doors?"

"You're crazy. You're the one who let half the population die for your own amusement. You could've reversed the spell at any time but wanted to watch me suffer instead... I could've probably gotten a lot more done if it wasn't for that."

"Now now, let's let bygones be bygones."

Resferia ignore Big Hat Ryan and goes back to studying the book.

"I can clearly see that you're agitated. That's no way to study."

"Yeah thanks to you!"

"Well, how about a break? You must be tired from studying all day everyday. I'll treat you to the best chef in town, Gordan Ramsay."

"Who...?"

"Oh come on surely you've heard of him."

"Whatever, I don't have time to be wasting time on stuff like that. Go by yourself," she says coldly.

"Wow you must really hate me after that whole black plague thing..." Big Hat Ryan thinks for a moment. "Well then how about a hands on lesson in the fields outside the kingdom. There haven't been any boss attacks lately so we should be fine."

And then an earthquake shakes the kingdom and a giant blade is rend right through the main castle right into the room where Resferia and Big Hat Ryan reside. With a spell of extreme reinforcement and several hundred others to slow the descent of the sword, Big Hat Ryan manages to catch the enormous blade the length of the entire main castle.

"W—what the heck is happening!?" Resferia says in fear as she jumps out of her chair, falling back onto the floor.

"Looks like a jinxed it..." Big Hat Ryan sighs. "But to be able to break through the kingdoms barrier in one hit... this guy is no joke."

"Will we be all right?"

"I don't know. I'll let you fight this one. The fate of the kingdom is in your hands."

"WHAT!!!!" Big Hat Ryan teleports away. "That jerk!"

Resferia manages to force the blade out of the kingdom with a combination of neutral and wind magic. She then uses a pure wind spell to blast herself up onto the roof of the kingdom. She is met by a large humanoid being clad in purple armor that maintains large reinforced spheres at its joints. It stands over three times as tall as the high wall and holds a buster sword with a rounded tip that has a length of over half of its body.

"You're kidding right. This is... Josef Herein, the strongest of The 12 Olde Gods." On the horizon is the remaining eleven and in front of them is Big Hat Ryan in a standoff with his two great swords drawn.

........................

"So you've finally come for me." Big Hat Ryan snickers at the most powerful beings in existence, just underneath himself; however, their combined forces may be enough to exceed even Big Hat Ryan's power.

"It is your time. We have adjourned and come to this decision. I, Cornei Velencii, and the remaining Gods seek to take back the Big Hat belonging to the thirteenth God who fell so long ago." Standing in the center of the eleven gods is a being maintaining eight arms wielding different types of weapons. With long white hair he stands as tall as Josef Herein and the other gods. A black cape covers the place from which his deformed arms protrude and aside from his feet, he is wrapped entirely in bandages. He opens his white eyes, revealing a blinding light unto the entire kingdom.

"Bet! Fight me then! I took this big hat all those millennia ago and have since attained the status of god myself. I doubt that even the Olde Gods stand a chance against me now. It'd bring shame to my great name if I were to be defeated by a bunch of old dudes."

"How arrogant. Then, you shall meet your demise."

And then the most epic fight in the history of life unfolded, but first a flashback.