Rivals

Last Updated: 2 February 2020

Listen to My World by Sick Puppies while reading this pwez! ;)

A/N: You know, I'm still fond of the text/baby talk people use on Wattpad. It's kinda funny/cute looking back.

~~~~

"Mello."

No answer.

"Mello..."

Still no answer.

"Mello!"

"I don't give a crap about what you think, Matt! I'm going to beat that dimwit at this test, once and for all!"

Mello sharply pushed himself out of the chair he had been slouching in, causing it to pathetically teeter on one leg before toppling over. Damn thing, he cursed to himself, before kicking it ruthlessly against the table. His spine ached and contracted from the sudden movement, but Mello didn't give a f*ck about that. What was more important was dealing with the current issue:

Matt.

Sighing loudly, the red-haired gamer looked up from his brand new PSP and advised, "Mello, you really should take a break. You've been studying for three whole hours since dinnertime. It's bad for the brain, y'know."

"Pssh! As if you would understand. All you do is play on that shitty gameboy all day," he scowled, glaring at his best friend from the corner of his eye.

Matt blinked once, as if deciding whether to correct him or not...then quickly reverted back to his stupid game. The movement reminded him of his arch rival, Near.

Near.

The name echoed in Mello's head repeatedly, forever taunting him about how he could never ever beat-

No!

But no matter hard he tried, his thoughts - his fucking thoughts - disobediently wandered to the day he had first been humiliated by that dimwit. And that was the day his whole life was ruined.

"Just give me the chocolate, motherfucker! I want it!" The big, freckled brute towered over Mello, but he wasn't scared. No. Not even one bit.

"I'm not doing shit for you...fucker." The argument had been going on for quite a while now, and Mello was beginning to get irritated.

"Oh, look!" the boy crowed, "The psychotic she-male is acting tough! How cute!"

"What the hell did you just call me?!"

"A psychotic she-male. Why do you ask?"

"Why do you think I ask, motherfucker?"

"Marshmellow's getting a bit pissed off, are you now?"

"The names you call me are as lame as yourself."

Dexter shrugged. "There's nothing wrong with calling you what you are. Isn't that right, Jasper?"

'Jasper' paused and stared up at the ceiling, dumbfounded. As if that mouldy shit would help, Mello scowled.

(A/N: Mello hates ceilings. It's a fact of life.)

"Um... Well, since Melly is a bitch...er, I guess so. I guess."

That drew the line.

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!"

(A/N: Anybody watch Shakugan no Shana? :D)