Five.

I woke up the next morning to a empty queen sized bed and a faint yelling from the bathroom. I quietly jumped up and pressed my ear against the door.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Gerald roared.

"It's not that serious." I cringed at the high pitched familiar female voice.

It was Diana.

"Not that serious! What do you mean not that serious!?! Toby is in the God damn hospital."

I let out a quiet gasp as knots started twisting in my stomach. I need to know if toby is okay.

"But he's fine."

"How could you just let him outside unwatched? Are you seriously that bad of a mother? I can't even leave you alone with the kids to go on a business trip." He spat out.

"Gerald.."

"I've got to go."

I jumped up and lunged on to the bed but miscalculated and slammed on the ground next to the bed right when Gerald came back into the room.

"Oooh." I moaned out in pain.

"Arianna? Did you just throw yourself on to the ground?"

"Yeah, um, part of a morning routine, it, uh, helps your back, to stand up straight and stuff, posture."

G extended his hand to help me up. I grabbed his hand, I flew as he pulled me up.

"Jesus." I gasped as I flew forward.

He laughed and pulled me close.

"You're so cute." He smiled while looking into my eyes and then down at my lips. He pulled me in close and kissed me softly.  He pulled away.

"Diana wants to get our wedding vows renewed, so I'm going to need you to babysit Sunday, she wants to try cake samples and all that other bullshit."

I felt my heart drop.

"Oh, yeah, okay. Um, I've got to go." I said while putting on my jacket.

"Oh? I thought we could stay another night, you know.." He tried to grab my side and pull me close but I resisted.

"No, I think I just want to go home."

"Don't go."

"Please." I heard my voice crack.

"Well, at least let me drive you."

"No."

"It wasn't a question." He said while putting his shoes on.

The car ride was silent for the first 10 minutes until G cleared his throat.

"So, graduation is in 2 months?" He glanced over at me for a spilt second.

"Yeah."

"Are you excited?"

"I guess." I slightly forced a laugh.

"Ari." He turns to me while we're stopped at a red light.

"What?" I say while looking out the window.

"Look at me."

I face him.

"Why are you acting like this? Because of Diana and I?"

"I don't know."

"You know I could never be with you right? I'm married to Diana, and you're, well. You're you. You're not even graduated!"